Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell Is Wrong With WRX STi Owners?

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO at what Paul stated!!

Chris its because Race Car!! They are like this here in New England also. Douche Nozzles always wanted to race ..except my buddy who has one. Its his DD stock 2012 WRX.
    Last edited by MongosG8; 08-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

2. Likes todds87ss liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn - this was hilarious!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    LMAO at what Paul stated!!

Chris its because Race Car!! They are like this here in New England also. Douche Nozzles always wanted to race ..except my buddy who has one. Its his DD stock 2012 WRX.
    Thanks, I just spit up coffee.

classic thread. And yep, just as many WRX douchebags as BMW douchebags. I think it's a dealer installed option.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

5. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I owned a WRX the first year they came out here in the US, and the STI the first year they debuted here as well. I guess back then when new they weren't so affordable to the backwards ballcap, snot-nosed kids (unless Daddy bought it for them). I also went on to (briefly) own a '12 EVO MR. By the time I got to the EVO MR, I came to the conclusion that the vehicle, along with the WRX and WRX STI, were comprised of far too many knuckleheads. Not all of them, mind you, but enough of them to earn a negative reputation for the entire group. I mean, why in the heck do these guys do things like driving down one lane like a bat out of hell, and at the last minute, cut other cars off to merge over to the exit lane? Why, because they can do it, but it's retarded as all get out. I once had some dope in an STI, *think*, he was racing my CTS-V wagon, when it was what we all know as cat and mouse, playing hide and seek in traffic. I don't do that. I caught up with the guy later at a light and rolled down my wind. His was already down and he was in his late teens/early 20's, and had this stupid grin on his face like, "Hey, wasn't that fun?!" I told him if you want to straight up race, let's go somewhere and do that, but not this B.S. weaving in and out of other cars. The kid's face immediately collapsed like he'd been chewed out by his football coach (I'm in my 50's, so I guess he took it as fatherly, stern advice). Anyway, I eventually sold the EVO after just a few months, because I did not want to be associated with the typical demographic of people owning those vehicles.
    '14 Nissan GT-R Premium
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT (2009 Holden Commodore Special Edition SSV Clone, 432 RWHP)
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon (Sold)
    '09 Premium Red GT-R (Sold)
    '12 EVO MR (Sold)
    '07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
    '09 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    '05 Audi S4 (sold)
    '06 Infiniti M35 Sport (sold)
    '04 Subaru STi (sold)
    '02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    '91 GMC Syclone (yes, a second one--the first caught fire--sold)
    '91 GMC Syclone (sold)
    '86 Buick Grand National (sold)
    '86 Olds Cutlass Calais International Series (sold)
    '86 Z24 (sold)
    '85 Fiero (sold)
    '81 Mustang (sold)
    '64 Rambler (sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Not all WRX or STI drivers are douches. I have owned 6 Subarus over the years, including a 2008 STI 450 HP E85 beast that ran high 11's. The ownership crowd has changed from a bunch of cool guys that like to wrench on their cars to all the wannabes as the cars got more popular and less expensive.
    NEW 2009 PSM GT- Vararam/ RCR 219/227 cam/ Kooks 1 7/8" LT/ 3" exhaust/ 3200 Yank/ 3.45 gears/ HSW Nitrous/ HPT self tuned

SOLD 2008 Liquid Red G8 GT / 20" MS Camaro Wheels / Homemade intake / HPT self-tune / GXP Front and Rear/ 35% Tint / E85/ 160* stat /Cat delete pipes/ Dynomax ST axlebacks / Xpipe / Mid-muff delete / 219/233 .553/.539" Thumpr cam / 7.425" Comp Cams pushrods / LS9 springs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    Not all WRX or STI drivers are douches. I have owned 6 Subarus over the years, including a 2008 STI 450 HP E85 beast that ran high 11's. The ownership crowd has changed from a bunch of cool guys that like to wrench on their cars to all the wannabes as the cars got more popular and less expensive.

I think your response is right on, although no one is saying ALL owners are the same... The same happened to early 90s Camaros and 5.0s...
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I think your response is right on, although no one is saying ALL owners are the same... The same happened to early 90s Camaros and 5.0s...
    +1 to this. As I already said, not all WRX/STI/EVO owners are idiot madmen on the road, otherwise, I'd be incriminating myself, right? There are certainly an abundance of them now, though. I believe you hit the nail on the head, with regards to those vehicles becoming more, "affordable", to all the wannabe knuckleheads. Glad to see that so far, I haven't seen that to become the case with G8 owners, across the board.
    '14 Nissan GT-R Premium
    '12 EVO MR (Sold)
    '07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
    '05 Audi S4 (sold)
    '04 Subaru STi (sold)
    '02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    '91 GMC Syclone (sold)
    '86 Z24 (sold)
    '85 Fiero (sold)
    '81 Mustang (sold)
    '64 Rambler (sold)

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA B FAST View Post
    +1 to this. As I already said, not all WRX/STI/EVO owners are idiot madmen on the road, otherwise, I'd be incriminating myself, right? There are certainly an abundance of them now, though. I believe you hit the nail on the head, with regards to those vehicles becoming more, "affordable", to all the wannabe knuckleheads. Glad to see that so far, I haven't seen that to become the case with G8 owners, across the board.
    Not so much on this board but you will see it in full force on the other one. Now that these cars are affordable to those that couldn't buy new it's now in play.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Not so much on this board but you will see it in full force on the other one. Now that these cars are affordable to those that couldn't buy new it's now in play.
    Yeah, hope the GT-R's don't get, "affordable", soon either (and I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for saying that). I like a really nice car, such as our G8's, to stay clean, classy, and a bit exclusive, and not have someone put useless nick-nacks and coffee can exhausts on them.
    '14 Nissan GT-R Premium
    '12 EVO MR (Sold)
    '07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
    '05 Audi S4 (sold)
    '04 Subaru STi (sold)
    '02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    '91 GMC Syclone (sold)
    '86 Z24 (sold)
    '85 Fiero (sold)
    '81 Mustang (sold)
    '64 Rambler (sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Reading through the thread I was thinking the same thing about our cars. Look at the other board/Facebook groups. The first few years never had that much drama. This board has remained pretty civil and I'm hoping it stays that way.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717