Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What mods do you have done?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What mods do you have done?

I'm looking for a few ideas, so what mods do you guys have done? So far I just have rims, tint and tinted tails. I'm thinkin of night shading my corner markers and fender signals. I'm also thinking of intake, tbs, exhaust. Possibly get a front splitter. Is there any tunes available for our cars yet? Has anyone tried one if available?
    2009 sport red v6
    -helo rims
    -k&n intake
    -solo axle back
    -Overkill tune

Post Thanks / Like

I can say for myself ..Not enough.

Its up to you if you want show mods or Go mods.

I would start with CAI intake and exhaust and a tune ..that will give yo some basic go mods right there.
    They're plenty of places that have tunes for our G8s ..we have some vendors on the forum that are well known tuners.

HP tuners, Livernois. PatG Remote tunes , VectorMotorsports,

You have had held Tuners ..Superchip Cortex is the most popular hand held tuner..you can find them for sale on the forum from other members.

Im sure others will give you more suggestions.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    I can say for myself ..Not enough.

Its up to you if you want show mods or Go mods.

I would start with CAI intake and exhaust and a tune ..that will give yo some basic go mods right there.
    They're plenty of places that have tunes for our G8s ..we have some vendors on the forum that are well known tuners.

HP tuners, Livernois. PatG Remote tunes , VectorMotorsports,

You have had held Tuners ..Superchip Cortex is the most popular hand held tuner..you can find them for sale on the forum from other members.

Im sure others will give you more suggestions.
    Keep in mind she's talking about the V6. I know Roto-Fab makes an intake for it. There are exhaust options out there. I'm not sure if there are any good tuning options readily available.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Keep in mind she's talking about the V6. I know Roto-Fab makes an intake for it. There are exhaust options out there. I'm not sure if there are any good tuning options readily available.
    Thanks Len!! ..didn't realize it was for the V6.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I have to believe HPTuners would work on it right?

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Hazer get a tune for his v6
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I have to believe HPTuners would work on it right?
    Should but there would probably be no VE tables for the v6
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

I think he did! Plus there's a guy running cams in his V6 so I have to believe he's tuned.

Hazer put a V8 in his car now though... First one I'm aware of.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Im already on the look out for rear gears for Art and I, should make the car feel 1000lbs lighter. Ill keep my eye open for you too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I know there are a few tunes in the works for V6 too, I would love to cam my car too I'm hoping by the time I do intake, tbs, exhaust someone will have a tune available so all of those things will be done
    2009 sport red v6
    -helo rims
    -k&n intake
    -solo axle back
    -Overkill tune