Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Serpentine Belt Installation Help

Post Thanks / Like

I developed a chirping a while back. It was the AC tensioner pulley, not one of the main serpentine pulley's.
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to loop the belt over the tension-er last. That's the hard part because there's a lip on the tension-er which the belt must go OVER before it sits down into the belt grooves on the tension-er. Sooooo.......go ahead and loop it over the tensioner FIRST, and do the WATER PUMP last. This works easier because the water pump doesn't have the lip you must overcome by trying to overpower and over-stretch the belt. You simply slide the belt over/onto the water pump!

I learned this 'the hard way', and thanks to this forum, I am able to swap belts in a few minutes now, painless!