Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HSV E2/E3 GTS front front conversion kit

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HSV E2/E3 GTS front front conversion kit

Fucked up my front end again. I have more than enough cash to make this happen through JHP, but I'd have to be comfortable it'd be worth it. I could be wrong but I believe I'd be buying the kit and having it put on for less than what the insurance company would have to pay for a new GXP front end when they go through their channels. I'm not worried about insurance paying for it since it was my goddamn fault and I've cash for it. Right now I'd much rather prefer to piece it from CP, I've pm'd him, instead of getting cornholed by JHP. Even if the price isn't much of a difference CP's just cool man. Got some street cred, comes through in the clutch consistently. So If I can get the parts over here, the "direct bolt on" pieces, there's a very high chance this is happening. Right now in my head I'm almost completely sold. We'll see. But If CP can hook me up, I'd french kiss his proverbial butthole.
    Last edited by MoonPie; 07-06-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    black with black trackhawk wheels and loaded sans DVD player

Post Thanks / Like

What did you hit? Any pictures?
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

No pictures, but as of right now it looks like I'm going ahead and doing the front end conversion. Basically body shop is going to try and have the GXP replacement taken out of the conversion pricing. So I'd be down to $3300 plus labor at $915 = $4215. If I can get this to work that's the optimal choice. Else if I can buy the kit at full price and insurance pay for paint and labor then I'm doing it as well. If I have to pay for everything then I'll have to scratch my balls for a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now looks like I'm a go for #1. Either JHP or Legacy. Spoke to JHP got an ETA. Waiting for a response from legacy. Man it'd sweet. I'm starting to get so exited my dick is erect.

5. Thanks Thehack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought about doing this also. If only I had the spare cash. Good luck!
    2009.5 PBM GT
    PatG Tune, Kooks Mids, Roto-fab w/HSRK
    BMR & Crazy Paul stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The only hurdle right now is communication with the vendors. I called JHP yesterday and told them if they couldn't give me a projected estimate I'd walk down there and fuck him up so bad he'd see his turds going down the drain in a counter clockwise rotation.

Just shitting you. Didn't say it but it'd be cool if I had. Spoke with JHP, still waiting for information and legacy has yet to respond. That's really the only hurdle I have. I have a narrow window and will need the car as soon as repairs are made. Repair starts in about 2.5 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are not end up paying more than $2200-2300 since full hsv conversion on ebay is around $1300 without shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fireceptor View Post
    I hope you are not end up paying more than $2200-2300 since full hsv conversion on ebay is around $1300 without shipping
    The full kit I don't have to piece together?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes add anotherv $130+ shipping for the bonnet mould
    http://grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic8661_1.gif
    Chevrolet Lumina SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPie View Post
    Just shitting you. Didn't say it but it'd be cool if I had.

With so many shit talkers out there, it's great to see some honesty. Carry on.

And MoonPie, let me know what all you find out on this if you could. Mine has chips galore, and I've wanted to have it taken care of, but find it hard sinking money into the same front end. As long as I'm painting it... as long as it's apart... so on and so forth...
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader