Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Pontiac Car Show Sept. 25-28

Post Thanks / Like

I checked yesterday also on a room. Booked except for some large 2-3 room setups. Looks like a nice place to stay though! Once again I'll bring my tent and sleeping bag like I have at all the GONE events. I'll rough it if I have too.
    2009.1 Evoke Gray GT prem. sport no roof. CTS-V Brembos front and rear with stock 18s and 19s, Grill mod with custom brake coolers. Custom Tranny cooler, Power steering cooler, 160 Tstat, RotoFab Intake. Pacesetter LTs, Custom Hooker Axlebacks, SSclone tips. HP Tuners and Rick Crawford tuned.
    Base line stock dyno #s 315RWHP 330TQ
    Winter Wait list: Rick C cam and intake. Koni shocks and springs and suspension rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpG8GT View Post
    I checked yesterday also on a room. Booked except for some large 2-3 room setups. Looks like a nice place to stay though! Once again I'll bring my tent and sleeping bag like I have at all the GONE events. I'll rough it if I have too.
    You have to register for the event and then the rooms will show up. They're locked in for the event so calling or looking on Chula's site will show them booked!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could go. Just too far of a drive for me!
    2008 GT - 2300 Maggie, Comp cam, ARH LTs, staggered Breyton GTS, 6spd Manual conversion DONE!!.
    From previous owner: 552 RWHP, 589 RWTQ; Tuned by Patrick G via EFI live Autocal

Post Thanks / Like

This may just be out of the budget for this year sadly there is no way I'll be able to afford a room plus gas and activities.

2009.1 PSM GT Sport/Premium Package.
    OBX 1 7/8", 3" to 2.5" X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth, 6k HIDS, VCM OTR
    Rick C Intake and Throttle Body, MM Carbon Fiber Hood, 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring, Pat G Tuned

Post Thanks / Like

Adam. If I go, im looking to split a room with people to help on cost. Chewy. I'll call and see about the rooms. I just looked online and nothing was available.
    2009.1 Evoke Gray GT prem. sport no roof. CTS-V Brembos front and rear with stock 18s and 19s, Grill mod with custom brake coolers. Custom Tranny cooler, Power steering cooler, 160 Tstat, RotoFab Intake. Pacesetter LTs, Custom Hooker Axlebacks, SSclone tips. HP Tuners and Rick Crawford tuned.
    Base line stock dyno #s 315RWHP 330TQ
    Winter Wait list: Rick C cam and intake. Koni shocks and springs and suspension rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam. If I go, im looking to split a room with people to help on cost. Chewy. I'll call and see about the rooms. I just looked online and nothing was available.
    Like I said, you have to register for the show before the rooms will show up. This info came from Chris Wachs the organizer.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still on the fence. I want to go. But work, school, and money are all an issue. Last year wasn't as crucial. I had a lenient teacher and 2 jobs to afford the trip.

Now down to 1 job as a flat rate tech and can't afford time off of school or work as I'm in my final year.

2009.1 PSM GT Sport/Premium Package.
    OBX 1 7/8", 3" to 2.5" X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth, 6k HIDS, VCM OTR
    Rick C Intake and Throttle Body, MM Carbon Fiber Hood, 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring, Pat G Tuned

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All Pontiac Car Show Sept. 25-28

It's the 15.5 hour road trip that's killing it for me. I'd be fine camping but that's a lot of driving without a backup.

I REALLY want to go though. Would be cool to show off one of the manual trans conversions.
    Last edited by Posidon42; 08-23-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: corrected
    2008 GT - 2300 Maggie, Comp cam, ARH LTs, staggered Breyton GTS, 6spd Manual conversion DONE!!.
    From previous owner: 552 RWHP, 589 RWTQ; Tuned by Patrick G via EFI live Autocal

Post Thanks / Like

Heather & I are registered for the event, and we have a room reserved. As mentioned above, you have to register, and then the info for hotel will show up. You also have to ask for the Pontiac Adventures room rate when you book the room.

Chula Vista is REALLY nice! There are a lot more things to do for everyone, especially family, in the Wisconsin Dells too. The only thing that the location lacks is a nearby dragstrip. I have tried to suggest to some of the "powers that be" in the area, that this would be an ideal investment. I think that with a dragstrip nearby, this would become the absolute car destination in the entire Midwest.

Despite no drag racing, it will be a blast, and I look forward to seeing all the friends that I have made from GONE over the years!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

10. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bracketracer View Post
    Heather & I are registered for the event, and we have a room reserved. As mentioned above, you have to register, and then the info for hotel will show up. You also have to ask for the Pontiac Adventures room rate when you book the room.

Chula Vista is REALLY nice! There are a lot more things to do for everyone, especially family, in the Wisconsin Dells too. The only thing that the location lacks is a nearby dragstrip. I have tried to suggest to some of the "powers that be" in the area, that this would be an ideal investment. I think that with a dragstrip nearby, this would become the absolute car destination in the entire Midwest.

Despite no drag racing, it will be a blast, and I look forward to seeing all the friends that I have made from GONE over the years!
    I know people that aren't coming DUE to the lack of a strip. They want GONE back! I of course could care less! I know my 4 YO will LOVE the Dells! Hope the R word doesn't come into play so I can drive my car and not the truck.