Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Bcm problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bcm problems?

Ok, I just got my car back from the body shop today, and so far have noticed these problems:

--TPMS system fault, shows "--" for all 4 wheels, but engineering mode shows 148# for each wheel.

--Turn signals don't work. They flash when I lock/unlock the car, and the hazards work, but if I try to use the turn signals, I get nothing, not even the flashing on the inst cluster.

--RKE will not remote start car. The light will flash letting me know that it has received the signal, but the car doesn't start

--seems like the car doesn't know when the door is open. If I shut off the car and open the door, the fadio stays on.

I think it seems like all of these items together points to BCM? Could they have fried it, when they welded on the new panel? It was rear-ended and the trunk lid, rear bumper, spare tire tub and passenger side tail light were all replaced, as well as the piece beneath the bumper support (that's the part that was welded on).

Post Thanks / Like

Possible they jacked it up. I assume your body shop isn't your dealer? If it is then bring it back and have them flash the BCM on the car. Otherwise you may have had a short introduced somewhere, and that could be a nightmare to track down.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

3. Thanks Jaybob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try unhooking the battery and leave it for 20 minutes then hook it back up.

Let it run and drive it and see if that helped.

Could have missed a ground wire or plug.

Either look into it yourself or take it back to them. You could also call your insurance company to alert them to the issue if you used your insurance but I would contact the shop first.

5. Thanks Jaybob thanked for this post
    Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be looking in the general area where they did the work.
    Maybe a ground wire was not connected or a pinched cable.
    The RCDLR is a small module in the rear parcel shelf area, it's responsible for receiving signals for both the tyre pressure monitors and for remote door unlock.
    The RCDLR communicates with & is connected to the BCM by a wiring cable.
    If the BCM isn't in a happy state then Remote Start won't work.
    Not sure why hazards would work but not turn signals...maybe seperate fuses or wiring circuits involved.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

7. Thanks Jaybob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys!! I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with it yet. I'm working 12-hour night shifts this weekend and usually end up sleeping the whole day. I tore apart all the trim pieces in the trunk and looked underneath the rear package tray, but couldn't find anything obviously unplugged or anything in the trunk that stuck out, but there are a couple more issues I've noticed while driving to work...

--Traction control switch doesn't have any effect, but seat heaters work

--The headlight switch doesn't do anything. I can rotate it through all positions with no changes. The auto-lights still work as normal though.

I'll try unhooking the battery for a while and see if that helps anything. Otherwise, the body shop asked me to bring it back in on Monday. If they can't figure anything out right away, they'll take it to the dealer and have them fix it. I hope it's just something stupid. Like I said before, I think all of these items seem to share a common denominator, being the BCM. I'm just guessing though.
    Last edited by Jaybob; 03-22-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to come back and let you guys know what happened.

There ended up being a list of 10-15 things that weren't working. Most of them were switches/buttons. You'd push them and nothing would happen.

Anyway, they replaced the BCM, and all is well. No more problems.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.