Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-Dying Leather "Magic Mender"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re-Dying Leather "Magic Mender"

Hey guys, as some of you know, I purchased a used GXP and sold my GT. Well, me being the OCD guy that I am, there were a few things that needed taken care of before the car saw a show or the light of day for that matter.

The steering wheel I have is 450 bucks to replace and since it wasn't in really bad condition, I looked into other avenues to fix the issue.

Like a dummy, I don't have a before picture, but if any of you have seen a steering wheel or seats where the color has rubbed off and you can see the leather beneath, then you know what I started with.

So, I bought this product from "Magic Mender" and set off to fix my issue. Check out the video and the results. It's truly as easy as they show in the video!

I put 3 color applications on it and then 2 clear semi-gloss applications on it for added protection. The result speak for itself IMO! I still have to condition the rest of the wheel which will bring its color and depth up to par with the newly repaired area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcntjXiCiig
    Attached Images Attached Images

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

looks nice Chris.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

3. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same stuff you recommended the clear coat to help with my peely HSV wheel?
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Is this the same stuff you recommended the clear coat to help with my peely HSV wheel?
    Probably! I have a vague recollection of doing that... lol

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wow thats amazing

7. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Chris!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

What if its not cracked but looks like some places on the steering wheel are just wearing through, would this do the job?
    H&R lowering springs, ACE Alloy V12 wheels, LS2 valve covers, Roto Fab CAI, Roto Fab radiator cover, heater hose relocation, Sport Steering wheel.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you explain to us what is the process

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msb7144 View Post
    What if its not cracked but looks like some places on the steering wheel are just wearing through, would this do the job?
    That's EXACTLY what was wrong with mine!

Watching the video shows you EXACTLY how I did it. It's holding up VERY well so far!

Post Thanks / Like

What color did you use? Just black or graphite?
    H&R lowering springs, ACE Alloy V12 wheels, LS2 valve covers, Roto Fab CAI, Roto Fab radiator cover, heater hose relocation, Sport Steering wheel.