Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G8 Door Molding Weatherstrip NEEDED!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default G8 Door Molding Weatherstrip NEEDED!!!

Very common for these window moldings to get chewed up by baking in the hot sun.

Does anyone have a used set of 4 chrome moldings that we could use to get them reproduced.

Currently, you'd have to go to GM and get a set for a few hundred bucks. We're trying to get the cost to around $100 for the entire kit!

Post Thanks / Like

Which ones? The ones at the bottom of every window? Can I have them or a set of new ones back?

Just FYI, when you remove these it's necessary to cut the rear clips that hold them on.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes if you can provide us with a good quality used set, we will give you a free reproduction set. The originals you couldn't get back though.

We'll need to repro #8 in the picture as well then. That the clip?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Actually 14 I'm sorry. For the outer chrome pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

If you end up reproducing a set in black, I'll take them.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I have a full set of those, but like I said, when I pulled them off (done two cars now) I had to cut them because the one tang pulls up through the wrong side and you can't get it back down and out the hole without taking the window out.

If #14 is available new, I'd buy one. I can't help you with that.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have pictures at all of where you cut it?

We will probably do a small amount in black. I know blacking out the chrome on these cars is quite the thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the OE ones from Greg then I plan to 3M matte black wrap w/ the other chrome on my car. Same thing happened to the two side windshield moldings.
    09.5 LR GT
    Spectre cold air intake, rear cradle bushings, Solo axlebacks

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the windshield moldings have the same problem but they are dirt cheap from GM still.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i can get you 2 drivers side ones