Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parts

Post Thanks / Like

Default parts

Was looking at buying an 09 g8 but was wondering how difficult it is to find parts?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't come across any issues other than the parts being expensive. Drive line parts are more standard since they share some commonality with other GM models.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Greg@PacePerformance.com is a great source for parts as well as Crazy Paul for stuff out of Australia. See vendor forum.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-2door View Post
    Was looking at buying an 09 g8 but was wondering how difficult it is to find parts?
    What exactly were you looking for? We carry both GM and aftermarket options.

Post Thanks / Like

companies like Eric's are starting to pop up more and more. The problem in the future is going to be getting the steel parts like OE fenders and such IMO. Right now, it's not a problem at all.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    companies like Eric's are starting to pop up more and more. The problem in the future is going to be getting the steel parts like OE fenders and such IMO. Right now, it's not a problem at all.
    Sure...if you wanna pay $$$$$$!

Hey, if we keep growing and these cars become classics like their predecessors, there will be aftermarket reproduction options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric_cspan View Post
    Sure...if you wanna pay $$$$$$!

Hey, if we keep growing and these cars become classics like their predecessors, there will be aftermarket reproduction options.
    When it comes to steel parts, I'll pay, but all the money in the world doesn't do you any good if the parts don't exist.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric_cspan View Post
    What exactly were you looking for? We carry both GM and aftermarket options.
    Nothing right now was just making sure parts are available before I go and buy a g8 and have a big paper weight that I can't do anything with because parts don't exist

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-2door View Post
    Nothing right now was just making sure parts are available before I go and buy a g8 and have a big paper weight that I can't do anything with because parts don't exist

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    There are parts. They are not as readily available as a Mustang, but they are available. Whether is OE replacement or upgraded.

Post Thanks / Like

Any "Chop Shops" close by to you?.........LOL
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)