Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LS3 in a Lotus 7 clone = Brunton Stalker V8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Ha! Couldn't resist, huh?

So will this take the place of the G8, or will the G8 be retired to weekend/pleasure duty?
    It would have been really fun to have both, like an LS3 Jekyll & Hyde (hmm...good personalized license plate idea, oh well ), but I had to pick just one. DD is now an '01 4Runner.
    "If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow." -Ross Bentley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toedrag View Post
    It would have been really fun to have both, like an LS3 Jekyll & Hyde (hmm...good personalized license plate idea, oh well ), but I had to pick just one. DD is now an '01 4Runner.
    Yeah, the G8's a great car. But after coming from a Lotus, yourself, the weight of the G8 will unfortunately dominate the experience, no matter how good a car it might be.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Yeah, the G8's a great car. But after coming from a Lotus, yourself, the weight of the G8 will unfortunately dominate the experience, no matter how good a car it might be.
    The G8 is a great dual purpose car for sure, and the GXP doesn't feel as heavy as it is. I always had fun on track with it. My reasoning was more that I now need a good material hauler, and with kiddo & car juggling, I wanted something that wifey could actually drive if necessary. (ain't no way I'd teach her to drive an M6 using the GXP). Plus, I saw what the kids were doing to wifey's car (both interior & exterior), and couldn't put the GXP through that....just wouldn't be right.

Both of us are fans of the Lotus 7's & variants. We settled on the Stalker b/c of mainly the chassis & suspension design and b/c of the ability to drop in the LS3 w/T-56. Funny story, early on, wifey objected to selling the GXP b/c (and I quote), "I'll really miss the sound of the engine "....After showing her the Stalker, I was able to reassure her that all would be well.
    "If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow." -Ross Bentley