Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got tired of waiting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got tired of waiting

Well, traded in the 2011 3.0 CTS..... Got tired of waiting and looking for something else... So last night bought a close out 2013 CTS 3.6 with the Sports Suspension..... Love the HID with adaptive lighting..... Pretty peppy car.... Diamond white with Titanium interior.... Dealer was discounting 10K off sticker.... I had about 2100 on the GM Master Card...Then GM sent me a card saying they were upping it to $4,000.00 ..... No brainer.... Has the 18" wheels vs. 17".... FE2 Sport vs. the FE1 Luxury ( Which was pretty nice in fact) Has the auto sense windshield wipers. (Could care less) Didn't think 50 more HP made that much of a difference.... But I am happy with it.... Did look at a ATS with the 2.0 Turbo 6 speed MT.... Really nice but smaller than I wanted... You can actually order them with the Magnetic Ride suspension.... Really cramped interior.... Still no Super Sports available....
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new car! I know that damn waiting game sucks I'm growing restless trying to find the right car myself.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Chris!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up.. Congrats Chris!

Love to see some pics once you take delivery etc
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

What, no pics? Ban!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Post up some pics, Chris. That's going to be a nice ride.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Chris, those are great cars.
    Kevin
    2009 SRM G8 GXP A6 + Roof
    Go
    Vararam CAI
    VMS "Stealth" Dyno Tune
    VMS HSRK
    GTPprix's hacked Atari gauges
    Norris Motorsports Billet Oil Catch Can
    Radical Advantage Trans dipstick
    Blendimount and Invisicord for the V-1
    Doug Thorley LT's

Show
    Tint by Spade Kreations 35% & 20%
    Holden V-6 rad cover courtesy of Crazy Paul
    PB
    12.986 @ 108.78
    R.I.P. Charlie......FUCK Cancer!

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Never understood why people are happy they're still halfway covered in shit. Well, more like 3/4 since you've a V6 that's not a G8. I mean that in a good way, constructive criticism. Nothing against Cadillac. But you're still on the hook for douching the G8. You know what I mean? Sorry if I offended you, just get the sand out of your pussy. You'll feel better in the morning. I always get drunk before I go to da clubs. Save a little bit of cash so that's the excuse.
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    black with black trackhawk wheels and loaded sans DVD player

9. Likes JimmyJazz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MoonPie, OK I understand.... But I have been looking for over a year..... The 3.6 DI is about 320HP....And I like this style better than the new CTS..... And yes, save some $$$ (About 15K off the sticker) Will try to get my wife to take some pics..... Luckily, everything from the 2011 fits this one (Weathertech mats and full bra).

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost, I do believe the G8 to be a better car.... It is bigger and has more interior and trunk space..... Neither my 2011 nor 2013 CTS could compare with my G8 after I did all the suspension mods... That said, there are five (5) different suspensions on the CTS.... I had the F1 on the 2011.. It was the "Luxury Ride", it was extremely smooth, but had a little too much of the Cadillac "Float"..... The 2013 has the FE2 with 18" rims, very little float, feels stiffer.... The major difference between the FE1 and 2 are the front struts and front sway bar... Rear shocks and sway bars appear to be the same..... Then there is the FE5 Performance, it has 19" rims, but not sure if the sways and shocks are different.. The CTS Wagon I think has the self leveling rear system... I think it is the FE3..... Then there is the CTS-V with the magnetic ride.... However, it appears that the rear sway bar is the same for all.... D3 Cadillac out of California makes an aftermarket adjustable (Front/rear) sway bar.... (Cost a cool $1,000.00) They also make a chassis brace kit....Their stuff is usually for the CTS-V, BUT will fit the 3.6.
    As far as other suspension possibilities, Whiteline makes replacement poly bushings. (Rear cradle and the rest) Aftermarket struts and shocks limited to KW Coilovers... .......... The FE2 CTS is very similar to the stock FE2 on the G8...... At this point, I will limit my mods to the chassis braces and possibly the bushings. Other thing will be tire change out at around 35K.... Car is presently riding on Michelins...... I was very limited to tires on the 17" rims.... I looked at the 2014 CTS, not bad, but I did not like somethings.... They went heavy on the electronics.... The ATS was nice, but smaller car.... The ATS would be great with the 3.6, if you could get the 6 speed MT... Because you can also get the magnetic ride as an option. Personally, I think the CTS body style I have is better looking than the 2014... Plus, you still have the oil pressure gauge... Now back to the G8.... No comparison between the DI V6 3.6 and the G8 V6... (320HP vs. 256 HP) BUT, unless you get the CTS-V, the G8 GT and GXP rules.... Overall, the G8 was a better looking car IMO..... The Chevy SS is now the G8 on electronic gizmo steroids... And with a little front end modding and debadging, is the way to go...