Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PO449- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Control Circut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Since Todd was the first one to do this I wouldn't be do quick to call him out.
    I'm not calling him out. Im just saying, don't berate people for quoting GM literature. If alldata says it pays 3.3 hours, I'm not going to quote .5 because Todd says you can do it easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000 View Post
    I'm not calling him out. Im just saying, don't berate people for quoting GM literature. If alldata says it pays 3.3 hours, I'm not going to quote .5 because Todd says you can do it easier.
    This will be my last on this. He didn't berate anyone. Just showing folks they can save a lot of money if they do it themselves, provided they have the skills to do so.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

If everyone did everything the way the GM service manual told us to do it..... we would waste many many hours..... I know some of the guys that write the manuals..... wheeeeeewwwwweeeeeeee........ There is always a better way... well most of the time... Glad I didn't follow the way the manuals told us how to change the rear studs either.... Creativity goes along way...
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default PO449- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Control Circut

I've now replaced the canister & valve on 3 G8's (mine and 2 local's) and didn't remove the tank on any of them. The first one I did (my G8) took me 3 hours due to the learning process. I can now do them in about an hour from start to finish. Practice makes perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Basically what is the procedure. I have both the po445 & po449 code, which happened strangely right after when while getting gas the pump did not click off, spewing precious fuel on my feet and street. I figure perhaps it over poured into the canister, maybe burn off or evaporate and codes would go away. I tried to clear but the one pops right back on.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you know you overfilled the tank, I would think that the hardware is still ok.

In some other post, It was outlined the lengthy process the system must go through to get a reset. Check that out and I would give it more operating time before going down the path of changing parts.

Post Thanks / Like

The purge valve selenoid is the only code on now. Where is this valve? On the motor or left side of fuel tank?
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVIDMOTION View Post
    Basically what is the procedure. I have both the po445 & po449 code, which happened strangely right after when while getting gas the pump did not click off, spewing precious fuel on my feet and street. I figure perhaps it over poured into the canister, maybe burn off or evaporate and codes would go away. I tried to clear but the one pops right back on.
    this is exactly what caused my issue. You have likely shorted the electrical solenoid valve. I had a post with more detailed directions, as have a few others. Ill see if I can find it.

http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthre...highlight=evap

I know it is not detailed directions, but it will give you a good idea of what is necessary. Basically, lower one side of the cradle and loosen the other to gain access. push/pull/tug to get that damn "not-so-quick-connect" loose. the metal bracket I used a screwdriver to "pry the tang". It pops out, and the new one goes on in reverse. Not too difficult, if you can find the replacement, and access the area to R/R.
    Last edited by todds87ss; 08-05-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I think I ordered the wrong part. I ordered the solenoid purge valve which is under the hood. When I tried to look what parts the article said purge valve so I found out were it was and ordered the part. Now I see others are replacing the hard to get to part near the gas tank.
    We will see. Also got a tire sensor light now too. Wtf everything at once! I am about to drive 1500 miles back to NJ to get my car inspected and now I throw codes which will fail me!

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about the confusion. It should be listed as a canister vent solenoid.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.