Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 SS vs g8

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just over all disappointed in the car regardless of driver.. Maybe my expectations were just too high?

Post Thanks / Like

We've just been lucky enough to be spoiled my the G8's looks, performance, and amazing price. Had the G8 not existed, many of us would likely be slobbering all over the SS. Personally, I like the SS except the rear end and price tag. I would certainly consider one if I didn't have a G8. If I was late to the party for buying a new G8 and wanted to purchase a brand new rear wheel drive V8 car, I'd take it over a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger any time.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

kids are a great litmus test for old sticks in the mud like me who are no longer hip and aware... was showing my teenager a picture of the SS and mentioned I was thinking of looking at it, immediately got the stink eye... was gently informed that the SS looked like an "old person" car and that my G8 was way cooler and what the hell is wrong with you dad etc... so, there's that
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

4. Likes G8GHOST, Old Cop, thechemist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far no one I know likes them, most say does not look cool and way overpriced.....and I heard a guzzler tax too!?
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

GXP had gas guzzler on it anyway. Nothing new there.

Just have to love the new features and interior. HUD makes life easy.

Look much better in person than photos.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    GXP had gas guzzler on it anyway. Nothing new there.

Just have to love the new features and interior. HUD makes life easy.

Look much better in person than photos.
    Yeah my main thing is the first two things I look at are the legs (wheels) and the ass.. And that ass dosnt do it for me ^_~
    The HUD is kind of sweet

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the kick ass interior and awesome features I would not even consider the SS

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT #825
    Rotofab, Solo Axle back, GXP diffuser and some other cosmetic stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

SS interior is awesome, exterior does NOTHING for me.

My RAM has all the tech too, and I kept my G8 to have fun with. Now I have two completely different vehicles, both useful in their own way.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Chewy the new rams are sex just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edsel1134 View Post
    Chewy the new rams are sex just saying
    I never thought I'd own a "Chrysler" product, but I'm amazed how nice it is really. I guess that's the reason they've won MT truck of the year two years in a row. They've got a few things to work on, but for the money, I couldn't beat it.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!