Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chevy SS & Pontiac G8 Black Trim around the side windows

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know OP next month. Ordered them today from P.D. I asked to have them marked "FRAGILE" "DO NOT BEND" We'll see how they arrive in Idaho. My lottery luck is ziltch eh.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRR8GT View Post
    I'll let you know OP next month. Ordered them today from P.D. I asked to have them marked "FRAGILE" "DO NOT BEND" We'll see how they arrive in Idaho. My lottery luck is ziltch eh.
    How did this work out...?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Has anyone had luck ordering these online in the US and received them without shipping damage? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRR8GT View Post
    You'd not be getting good value for money by ordering the 2 new long black curved gutter pieces from an Online Vendor.
    [GM Part Numbers :92294363 (left, black) 92294362 (right, black)]
    Look how GM North America choose to package them each in a giant box.
    2 can fit in the same box and it only needs to be 2 inches thick.
    If you don't mind paying shipping on 40 something cubic feet of air then good luck to you.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 07-19-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow no wonder GM NA is sucking wind
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    You'd not be getting good value for money by ordering the 2 new long black curved gutter pieces from an Online Vendor.
    [GM Part Numbers :92294363 (left, black) 92294362 (right, black)]
    Look how GM North America choose to package them each in a giant box.
    2 can fit in the same box and it only needs to be 2 inches thick.
    If you don't mind paying shipping on 40 something cubic feet of air then good luck to you.

CP There aren't any dealers close to me up here, so I'm positive if I ordered I'd get taken to the cleaners on price... so I'm going to try my luck.

Strange enough, the place I ordered from does 8.95 handling on the order, but shipping was free... we'll see how it goes. The other guy already got his, but hasn't opened it yet... however he did say the box arrived in good shape.

Wish me luck, CP.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Strange enough, the place I ordered from does 8.95 handling on the order, but shipping was free... we'll see how it goes.
    Wish me luck, CP.
    Be the first to buy from that place, or else get in before they receive their next monthly shipping bill....that's my advice.
    Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    Be the first to buy from that place, or else get in before they receive their next monthly shipping bill....that's my advice.
    So it shipped yesterday, and should be here tomorrow... however Fedex lists the box weight at 5lbs... please pray for me!!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Arrived today and installed - came in a single non braced box measuring 91x20x3. I didn't brace the front of the rear doors trim, so when the front popped off, it swung upward and put a scratch in my BPillar. Would be wise to remove rear of the trim first, then put something under the front of that piece of trim to pivot off of, removing it by lifting up the rear until the front clip pops loose. I took some pics and will post in a bit. I think I can buff out the scratch, but where it first impacted, it went through the paint and left a 1mm dot. Bah.

All the same, thank you CP for supporting our community!
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Upper Door Trim Instructions.

###You do not have to remove the mirrors, just be careful not to scratch anything.
    The front door strips only have a clip at the rear, at the front they are retained by a pocket in the mirror housing.
    You have to lift up an inch at the rear to dis-engage the rear clip & then walk the strip rearward to get it out from inside the mirror pocket.
    Attachment 20281

Gutter Trim Instructions

THIS IS A 2 PERSON JOB, PREVENT SCRATCHES BY USING A COMPETENT HELPER.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 07-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul the trim arrived the other day and everything looks great as expected. I took a moment and did just the driver side front door and everything went well except I destroyed the clip of the chrome piece trying to pull it out. Are the trim pieces still good even without the clip? Other than that it was a cinch to do. I even took some paint cleaner and quick detailer and spiffed up the area to get rid of that black line.
    Daily driven 2008 GT White Hot (Heron White) - GXP diffuser, tuned by Pro Edge Tuning (Mongillo Motors), sport metallic pedals, SLP "Blackwing" CAI, SLP AxleBack Exhaust, Digital HID headlights 8000k, GXP front facia, VG shark fin antenna, rear roof spoiler, LED tails.

*Summer: 20"x8" frt and 20"x9" rear gloss black powder coat Camaro rims with Hankook Ventus V12 K110's (245/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear) with Pontiac caps

*Winter: stock 18's with Hankook iPike W409's (245/45/18)