Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: No more G8 Brembo brackets....

Post Thanks / Like

You no longer need brackets if you use the newly available SS rotors on the rear. They work with the Camaro calipers and pads and the emergency brake works. That's what G8V8 is referring to above.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Will any of this work with the stock 18" wheel?
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic G8 GT Premium - DOD Delete, Livernois stage 1C cam, 25% UD pulley, Vararam.

(SOLD) 2008 White Hot G8 GT premium - DOD Delete, COMP 269LRR HR13 cam, 3.23 Camaro diff, 25% UD pulley, Circle D Pro II 258 2B stall, SOLO High flow cats
    12.612 @ 109.31, 1.886 60' ft on street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
    I wondered if it was you haha. So these brackets, rear CTS(v?) calipers, some shoes, on the rear?
    Basically you have to get CTS-V (first style) calipers and pads, C5 Camaro rotors, the ebrake shoes, and these brackets. This way all your replacement parts are cheaper and readily available. I went this route. It's more upfront but maintenance cost will be cheaper.

The other way is CTS-V front calipers and pads, C5 Camaro rotors, then in the rear calipers Camaro, and rotors, pads off of the new Chevy SS. This is marginally cheaper initially but I think more in the long run.

My buddy fell on some money problems and sold the rear set up. The shoes just sold btw.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by firefighter; 03-02-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Reviving an old thread. I know with the SS rotors, this bracket is not needed. But with the SS on the way out and the Camaro still around, I thought I would gauge interest. If I could have some of the G8 rear brackets made, would anyone be interested?
    Last edited by Skyman70; 02-17-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Make something useful like some seat brackets for aftermarket seats

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get me some measurements, or CAD design of something, I will give it a go......

Post Thanks / Like

Some of use get confused a little easier.
    have some takeoff rear camaro brembos (2014), and rotors. Want to fit to my g8 gt. with working handbrake (not that I'll ever use it!.
    Can't I just machine (cut) the extra diameter off the camaro rear rotor so i don't need the brackets? or will the "hat" rub against the caliper ( without the brackets).
    Then, guess i need oversized HB shoes to fit the camaro rotors? Will the camaro HB shoes work on the G8 backing plate?

Or just buy a set of chevy SS rear rotors and the stock G8 hb shoes work?