Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No more G8 Brembo brackets....

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these work with the same caliper that's on the front of the GXPs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RWD-V8 View Post
    Does anyone know if these work with the same caliper that's on the front of the GXPs?
    The GXP front Brembos, Camaro and CTS-V as well, are much bigger than the rear Brembos that these brackets are designed for. You need the Camaro or CTS-V rear Brembos.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Wade is not offering these anymore. Does anyone else offer making the brackets?

Post Thanks / Like

I won BINGO
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Well played.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2014 Caddy ATS 2.0T that has Brembo's on the front and my my they stop that car so nice

Noo fricking fading and hoping that pole wont hurt to bad when I hit it becasue of the stupid stock brakes.

some day I want Brembos up front
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evo8toG8 View Post
    Looks like Wade is not offering these anymore. Does anyone else offer making the brackets?
    Yup, found out a couple days ago that he isn't going to be doing these anymore. Somebody else needs to pick these up and start churning them out!

19 ZR1 | 16 Viper GT | 09 Z06 | 94 LS1 GT | 16 Denali | 19 CTS

Post Thanks / Like

I had a few local fab shops quote them for me... raw and powder coated. The only way I can meet current pricing is to get them raw, at a nominal material thickness, and order 50 sets. If I had my own laser and mill it would be worth getting into but it's not paying someone else's rates.
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't looked at the diagrams or anything so pardon my ignorance but could a water jet do this for just the raw cuts? What else would be necessary ie beveling, etc? Only reason I ask is because I have access to a water jet.

19 ZR1 | 16 Viper GT | 09 Z06 | 94 LS1 GT | 16 Denali | 19 CTS

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a water jet or laser will cut the profile, holes, and tap drill holes just fine. The finished thickness falls 0.012" short of 7/16" thick raw material. That's where the mill comes in to play. Does 0.012" really matter? I don't know... the beveling is not necessary but makes starting bolts easier. The tapping can really be done by hand but that would suck. Here were my numbers I got finished powder coated. I would still need to include hardware though.

"Phil, Quote for this using 7/16’’ 1018 CF mat. 10 pcs @ $66.59 ea 30 pcs @ $57.65 ea 50 pcs @ $55.89 ea. Plus tax. Powder coated any of our stock black colors. Delv. 3-4 weeks aro. Thanks, Rick."
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    Yup, found out a couple days ago that he isn't going to be doing these anymore. Somebody else needs to pick these up and start churning them out!
    nic talk to madmax(brian - orange 04 arrowhead car) on the local gto board , he has mills and stuff to make them with