Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm back...looking for advice

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a small(ish) update. We've been waiting for parts all this time (the accident was November 22). I don't have the car back yet and have been driving a crappy Nissan Altima since the accident. They still aren't sure when they'll get all the parts in, and when I called Cadillac Customer Service she told me she would "escalate the order". Whatever that means. I asked about trade-in value and it would cost me $10,000 to get rid of the car, so I won't be doing that. Also the damage is now estimated at over $25,000. I'm trying to see if GM will start covering my lease payments since this is getting ridiculous.
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bud, I just got my ride back today.....rear ended Dec. 14th. Mine wasn't as bad as yours (12k worth of damage), hate to say it but gm won't take over your payments. They will just say it was do to an accident and contact your claims adjuster. Which is exactly what you should be doing. Get on the phone with them and freak out, it doesn't look to be your fault so it's on them and their insurance.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    09 gt aka "Zeus"
    Vararam, Solo shorty exhaust, diablo tune(no longer)....... PAT G TUNE!! , GXP diffuser, eibach pros, fe3 shocks/struts

Post Thanks / Like

You are also owed for diminished value on your insurance claim. It is an actual loss sustained and owed, either by the offending party's insurance, or by the offending party. Just because their insurance company says they do not pay diminished value does not mean that you are not owed diminished value. Take the driver to small claims court and get a jury. There is not a reasonable person that could be seated on your jury that would not empathize with you and your situation, agree and find in your favor that you are owed for diminished value. IMHO, fix it, sell it, put the diminished value money towards down payment on a used G8 that has not been wrecked.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 02-06-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.