Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Out with the 6L80, in with the 6L90!

Post Thanks / Like

Suscribed
    New Setup: UPP Twin Turbo Goodness Final numbers and parts list in progress... Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. To be Tuned by Frost

OLD Setup:
    Magnuson TVS 1900, 2.9 pulley, LS9 Cam, Rotofab CAI, Keene Bell BAP, Kooks 1 7/8 Catted Mids, Corsa Catback, Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. 498RWHP 497 RWT Tuned By Frost.

Post Thanks / Like

Sub'd...long time no chat Robbie.

Post Thanks / Like

Sub'd!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    08' Pontiac G8 GT PBM
    11.323@121.66 Rock Falls Raceway 10-11-14
    N/A RCR Car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtp6515 View Post
    Sub'd...long time no chat Robbie.
    Indeed it has been. Work and school has been keeping me strung up tight, Including the official opening of RHX Tuning. Been MIA on alot of the forums due to Gray Ghost change in setup as well, so its good to be back!

How's your car?
    Robbie- Owner/Operator RHX Tuning Fundamentals.

Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. AiR Research 98mm turbo, Nitrous, LME 427LSX, 1307AWHP street demon. (Still chasing the 1500 mark)

PBM G8- Slow Australian four door, twin turbo build/6L90E trans swap under way.

PB 2011 CTS-V Coupe- Sleepy Caddy, 632WHP motor/906 spray.

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Post Thanks / Like

Done this on more than a few vehicles, just no G8s yet. The 90 will run just fine on the 80 program, no TCM/OS changes necessary and just do the typical tuning you would normally do and change the torque range on the tables if you want. Try to use a ZL1 camaro trans crossmember, might be plug and play not too sure on the G8s. The driveshaft just needs to be shortened up by a small amount.

19 ZR1 | 16 Viper GT | 09 Z06 | 94 LS1 GT | 16 Denali | 19 CTS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    Done this on more than a few vehicles, just no G8s yet. The 90 will run just fine on the 80 program, no TCM/OS changes necessary and just do the typical tuning you would normally do and change the torque range on the tables if you want. Try to use a ZL1 camaro trans crossmember, might be plug and play not too sure on the G8s. The driveshaft just needs to be shortened up by a small amount.
    Right on! That's a big help to me! So trans functionality should seemingly be plug and play then. Considering the TCM is made into the trans, I should be able to plug in, rip the file, and HP Tuners will automatically load the trans segment? I'll look into crossmemeber and see where we're at. If the Camaro crossmember is the same as A G8's, the ZL1 as you said would be perfect. This may be easier than I thought!

Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. AiR Research 98mm turbo, Nitrous, LME 427LSX, 1307AWHP street demon. (Still chasing the 1500 mark)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Right on! That's a big help to me! So trans functionality should seemingly be plug and play then. Considering the TCM is made into the trans, I should be able to plug in, rip the file, and HP Tuners will automatically load the trans segment? I'll look into crossmemeber and see where we're at. If the Camaro crossmember is the same as A G8's, the ZL1 as you said would be perfect. This may be easier than I thought!
    I would do a read of it when it's all together with the 90 for starters, have no idea what OS will come pre-loaded on the TCM inside that particular 90. Not sure if the 90 OS that comes pre-loaded will talk to the G8 ECM OS or not without codes/errors, if it does not just do a full write of your existing original 80 hpt file to load the original TCM OS onto the controller and go from there. It's really not hard and works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    I would do a read of it when it's all together with the 90 for starters, have no idea what OS will come pre-loaded on the TCM inside that particular 90. Not sure if the 90 OS that comes pre-loaded will talk to the G8 ECM OS or not without codes/errors, if it does not just do a full write of your existing original 80 hpt file to load the original TCM OS onto the controller and go from there. It's really not hard and works just fine.
    Cool, well regardless I'll get it figured out. Thanks for your input buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

If he loads the 80 program he might loose some of the features in the 90 program.
    I might try using the 90 as is and hope you get lucky, but I doubt it will work since the vin will be incorrect at the very least.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    If he loads the 80 program he might loose some of the features in the 90 program.
    I might try using the 90 as is and hope you get lucky, but I doubt it will work since the vin will be incorrect at the very least.
    The 90 OS more than likely will not play with the G8 ECM OS. Even in other setups it rarely works without being pissed off in some way and further more most 90 operating systems have quite a bit of a different setup as far as shift modes, etc go when compared to the G8 original.