Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SS/G8 Article from way back in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seprish101 View Post
    Thanks for your support being a gm fan runs in our family from dad's 64 impala ss 327 still in his garage bought new by him to my brothers 79 special edition 4 speed t-topped trans-am bought by me as 2nd owner in 86 sold to him when my daughter was born still in his garage to me getting the last of the pontiac brand high performance sedan i feel privileged to own will stay in my garage for who knows how long hopefully to pass on to grand kids or in dad's case great grand kids least I forget my big brother 78 restored big block camaro will always love gm products even the ss we all worked very hard to pay for then keep these cars and i hope all of you who have your own families and car's can do the same life is all about god, family and cars life is short and goes by fast enjoy it and remember when you can DRIVE FAST! !!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Amen to that brother!

My father passed when I was really young early teens but he was always fond of cars.. He had a 64 Impala convertible until my idiot uncle sneaked it out one night without asking and wrecked it. My dad ended up getting another one but it was a 67 hard top. After that he had a 1970 Olds (stolen)
    Father was strict about purchasing American made cars. He did not like foreign cars parked in our driveway..LOL! Before my father passed 83 my brother brought home a 1970 Yellow Monte Carlo that needed some TLC. My dad loved it but said to my brother. Thats will be a lot of time, work and $$ But my brother and his BF started slowly restoring it. Father loved watching them .. I was eventually asked to help and that was the beginning of my car craze.

10 years ago my brother and I found a 1968 Firebird 400 from his parts manager. Her husband did a lot to the Bird but she didnt care and wanted the money so it was a no brainer. ..so him and I finished restoring what it needed and than he bought me out.
    I bug him to sell me it all the time but he tells me OK 40K! LOL.. Says my nephew will inherit it or get it after college graduation.

I had my share of cars ..70, 76 Monte Carlos, 75 Pontiac Lemans GT, 79 Monte Carlos, 87 Mont SS, 87 Grand Prix, 89 Grand Prix, 93 Firebird Formula, 95 Z28, and now my 09 G8. Ive been dedicated to Chevy and Pontiac my whole life.

American way .. God, Family, Cars and dont forget the Apple Pie!
    Last edited by MongosG8; 06-08-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Well said well done my actual first car was a short lived 69 camaro ss loved it but 30 days after getting it i totaled it hitting a drunk driver sad but had to happen to start my passion for pontiac and my 79 400 4 speed trans -am and it was all over for chevy srry guys . Dads first hand down in high school was a 69 sportster made up as chopper he built loved it still have it in garage here's a pic funny we alot in common you seem like a good guy. God speed ,
    Pontiac , Harley Davidson,
    Rock and roll chat with you later mongo

3. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been stored for winter srry it's filthy gonna get it out for a bath soon!!!!