Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SS/G8 Article from way back in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Just was at the dealer and saw the SS in person. Honestly I wasn't impressed. For 47k+ there just isn't enough of a difference between my g8 and the SS. Not to mention the appearance doesn't grab you like the 8 does.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jzpiano View Post
    Just was at the dealer and saw the SS in person. Honestly I wasn't impressed. For 47k+ there just isn't enough of a difference between my g8 and the SS. Not to mention the appearance doesn't grab you like the 8 does.
    Folks on the SS forum think it is a big improvement over the G8. I think they are fooling themselves but it's their money...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the slips to prove my 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times on a Cortex tune only with 91 octane in the tank. The L76 is no performance slouch.

If the G8 is so bad, why does it have one of the best resale values of any car you can buy used today. 60% of MSRP at 5 years? Not bad for a crappy car no one wants.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Well the author is defiantly a tool. I like the new features of the SS but they do not look as good. I am going to look at one in the morning. I did receive an email today from the local dealership who now has one. I am not buying just looking. For the $ a C6 would be more fun
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

The grille is what kills the front end, but would be an easy upgrade. I think painted body color and get rid of the Bowtie and it could look better.

It is a sweet car but I would not replace my GXP with one, but in addition to it would be sweet. The SS is a bit more refined on the interior, like Buicks, Caddys, Impalas and Malibus. The dash is just like those as well. I like it and maybe in a few years I can get one at auction.

Post Thanks / Like

I was coming home from work the other night and I see a car in a fast food drive thru that caught my eye. I thought could it be a new SS? It had the signature tail lights. Get closer and it looked spot less like it just came from a dealership. Get a little closer and noticed a temporary plate. Could it be, could it actually be my 1st spotting of an SS? Get up on it and discovered that it was just a new Malibu. Oh well.

I sure don't mistake any other cars for a G8...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    I was coming home from work the other night and I see a car in a fast food drive thru that caught my eye. I thought could it be a new SS? It had the signature tail lights. Get closer and it looked spot less like it just came from a dealership. Get a little closer and noticed a temporary plate. Could it be, could it actually be my 1st spotting of an SS? Get up on it and discovered that it was just a new Malibu. Oh well.

I sure don't mistake any other cars for a G8...

Haha, I mistake the new Impalas for the SS. Saw an SS at the Woodward cruise but not since.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep The Black Rat any day
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SS is nice but not for 47 K I sold my g8 almost a year ago now driving a ATS 2.0t nice little car but still miss my G8 GT. I am hoping when the lease is up on ATS I would get a used SS.

Post Thanks / Like

I did look at a SS yesterday. $48k at the local dealership. It is a nice car. I would not trade the G8 for it though. The seats were really hard. A little to much chrome on the dash for me. They still use the same engine cover as the G8. If I had the money to spend I would still buy a C6

still no Rad cover
    Last edited by travis gore; 11-24-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back