Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report....Charlie has passed away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Fuck. I guess I really did stay away too long. Going to cry for a bit.
    Great to see you back. Sorry you came back to learn this news.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Fuck. I guess I really did stay away too long. Going to cry for a bit.
    Sorry you're just now finding out Tom! It's truly sad and we're still reeling from it.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who joined this forum quite a while ago but only became active here recently bc I have just bought my first G8, I'm really glad (and sad) I took the time this morning to read this entire thread...

Now with a tear in my eye, I'd like to thank Charlie (who I never knew) for creating this community which I plan on being a part of for a long time (god willing...as my G8 isn't going anywhere anytime soon), and I'd also like to say reading this has motivated me to get out of the "I'm invincible, nothing can happen to me" stupid masculine mindset that a lot of us guys have, and go make an appointment with the damn doctor... I've had some health issues for a while now, and it's time to finally find out what's going on... This thread has inspired me to understand life is too short, hopefully it will inspire others too.

Clearly Charlie was a great man, and now by reading this sad story I have a better understanding of the landscape of grrrr8. Wendy please take comfort in the fact that your husband will still be impacting new members here for years to come.

Now I'm going to look for my intro thread from 2011 to see if Charlie welcomed me to the board... I bet he did. . Edit: yep post 13. Smile.

God bless you and yours,
    Gary in Niagara, Ontaro, Canada.
    Proud G8 owner and grrrr8 member.

RIP Charlie
    Last edited by Mr.Angry.GTP; 02-12-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT 1SD
    2009 BMW 328i M-Sport
    1992 GTA Trans Am. 1 of 48.
    Mr.Angry.GTP Skunkwerks. Innovation since 1987 baby.
    RIP Charlie

4. Thanks Steve, travis gore, I12XLR8 thanked for this post
    Likes I12XLR8 liked this post
    Beyond Help Robert@KBXPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I only found out about this today when someone reply to one of my HOW TO: threads; and I seen "RIP Charlie" in his signature. I am truly saddened by this! Charlie was such a nice guy who was always willing to assist others. I will miss him.
    2003 4.6 XLT Black Explorer, Built, blown, ported, cammed, and on and on...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, 402ci Stroker, Twin Turbo's, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D Built 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, and a few other things...

2005 Charcoal Grey Lincoln LS Sport V8, KBX Custom Turbo system...Sold...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is sad news. Been away too long. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.
    2009 PBM GXP RED/ONYX A6 ROOF CD CHANGER NO MODS (YET) my salesman " it's just a G8" favorite movie line: Bear in Armageddon "Hey Harry, wod they do, find oil on Ur-anus"

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to hear of this, been away too long also, no one was more dedicated to us all, enjoyed helping his dedication. He is the standard for which everyone should help one another, RIP Sir
    2009.5 G8 GT Maverick Silver;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,
    Vararam,Holden badge kit, Kooks 1 7/8, VMS Tuned
    2009 White Hot/Red G8 GT;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,,Holden badges,Kooks 1 7/8, Maggie TVS 1900,VMS Tuned. Injection is great but i love being blown!
    2001 Trans Am WS6 NBM/Camel, 6spd. 21K Miles
    2001 G/P GT= beater

Post Thanks / Like

Not a day goes by where I don't think of Charlie. Being that I probably lived the closest to him, I frequently would drop by the shop and shoot the shit with him. It wasn't until he would work half days, that I wouldn't see him as much. I would still go by, but he had already left for the day. It still fucks with me, because I can still hear his voice, and see his face in my head , plain as day. Everytime I happen pas by his shop, I do tear up a little.
    2008 White Hot G8 GT - SOLD
    Power: 430 LS3, Vararam, ARH 1 7/8 LTs w/ Magnaflow Axleback, Patrick G. Tune
    Looks: 6000k HIDs, 19" Sport wheels
    Suspension: BMR Rear Trailing Arms, Subframe Bushings, and Toe Rods, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, H&R Sport Springs
    423/406

Current - BMW 2007 335i

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UGotSmkd View Post
    Not a day goes by where I don't think of Charlie. Being that I probably lived the closest to him, I frequently would drop by the shop and shoot the shit with him. It wasn't until he would work half days, that I wouldn't see him as much. I would still go by, but he had already left for the day. It still fucks with me, because I can still hear his voice, and see his face in my head , plain as day. Everytime I happen pas by his shop, I do tear up a little.
    I share your feelings. This forum just isn't the same without him. I always think of him when I get into my car and think about when I drove to Houston to his shop and back. That was just a year and a half ago.... I miss him too.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UGotSmkd View Post
    I can relate. I only got to visit him in Houston a few times, but we did talk on the phone a great deal.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    I can relate. I only got to visit him in Houston a few times, but we did talk on the phone a great deal.
    I never got to meet him but talked to him on the phone at length several times. Miss the shit out of him :/