Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report....Charlie has passed away

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad news to report....Charlie has passed away

As many of you know, Charlie was the founder of this forum.

This is the toughest thing I've ever had to do on this forum.

Charlie was diagnosed with cancer quite sometime ago. He fought as hard as he could, and if you knew Charlie, he was a fighter.
    Charlie is nearing the end of his fight with cancer. He is at home now in hospice. I don't know how long he has, but please, keep him and his wife Wendy and their son Zack in your prayers.
    Also, if you have the time, please let Wendy know what Charlie has done with this forum, and your passion for working on our G8's.

Ray
    Last edited by -Ray-; 11-14-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea he was even sick until Roy just text me the news..
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Damn. I wish I had known. He was a great person and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet and know him.
    My prayers and condolences to his family.

Is there anything we can do?
    Last edited by GXPaycheck; 11-10-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

He's been fighting it for some time. I lost a buddy since high school this year from the same thing. My heart and thoughts are with them all!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll send some prayers for him and his family. I'm sorry to hear this.
    RIP Charlie!

2009 MGM G8 GT
    Vararam, PaceSetter, Magnaflow, Comp, Pac, Yank
    11.95 @ 116.64

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow. Sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to him and his family.
    09 VE SS-V
    Performance:
    404ci Lunati Crank and Rods, Wiseco Pistons,TSP 235/239,Dallas performance LSA Heads, Yank 3600SS Stall Built Trans

Appearance: SS-V conversion/ Brembo's/ XXR 522's/tein springs/ HSV gauges

Old Numbers 378hp/365tq
    New numbers 5xxrwhp\5xxrwtq

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a text from Wendy this morning and was shocked by the news because while I knew about Charlie's fight with cancer since day one, I didn't know his condition was this dire.

I drove my G8 to his shop last year to get an engine transplant and a lot of supporting mods installed. I consider myself lucky to have met him person and have him work his engineering magic on my car. We were in touch almost every day and it was the day he drove my car back to his shop from Patrick G's shop when he had to go to the ER due to extreme pain. At that point I didn't care about my car anymore.

Charlie became a great friend in a short time. We realized we had a lot more in common than cars and talked by phone several times throughout this year. This might seem cheesy, but I think about him every time I get in my car.

Five years ago he was so selfless with his advice about the Roto-fab which is how we initially met on the other forum. And when he created this forum, he personally invited me to join. The rest is history of a man who helped me out with so much car advice.

It 's going to be hard from this point forward to say the least. I just can't believe it.
    Last edited by Executor999; 11-11-2013 at 09:13 AM.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Omg. This is perhaps the worst thing I've heard in quite some time.

Can I do anything? Charlie helped me so much I can't describe.

I'm really f'd up right now. Now I feel like a total dick for not meeting up with Charlie the chance I had when I was in Houston awhile back.

Prayers will be said but please let me know if there is anything we can do NOW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so sad to read this. I was just thinking of him two days ago wondering why I have not seen any posts from him. My prayers go out to him and his family. He really did make a positive impact in my life with his contributions to this club.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news. Thoughts with Charlie and his family.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq