Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Water in Trunk Lid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water in Trunk Lid

I got my car back a couple of weeks ago to fix my bumper and trunk lid due to a rear-ender.

I washed my car today and heard when I close my trunk lid water sloshing around. Definitely water in the trunk lid. I noticed that there is a hole in the middle with no plug (see picture) under the lip of the trunk just above the license plate. I tried looking for the part number of the plug but couldn't find anything in the schematics. Does any one know what plug should go here?

Definitely taking it back to the body shop to get this fixed, but I'm now worried about what damage the water could have done to the electronics or potentially down the road....rust!

20131103_162132.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

There's 2 small plugs on the bottom corners on each side you can take them out so the trunk will drain the water you should be able to see it with the trunk open its on the bottom corner on each side
    There should be a black plastic plug in that hole there

Also if they removed the stock spoiler that can be the source of the problem
    Last edited by hayabusa160; 11-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic600_1.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yes I did use the drain plugs to drain the water. For the black plastic plug is it the same as the drain plugs or is it different?

Post Thanks / Like

You can go to a hardware store. Where they sell fasteners you can gets plugs of various sizes that will cover that hole.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.