Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Need help locating a TSB or recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help locating a TSB or recall

Thank you for taking time to read this. I am trying to locate the GM TSB or recall on GM truck tailgate support cables. I am on my second 1997 C1500 1/2 ton Silverado truck and both trucks experienced a failure of the tailgate support cable. Each tailgate has two, one on each side that hold the tailgate in a horizontal position when open.

I went to the auto parts store to buy a replacement and the counter guy was nice enough to tell me that GM will replace them as there was a recall or service bulletin on their failure. Try as I might I could not locate anything on the net.

Please respond if you know of such a recall or TSB. I would like to have prior knowledge of this before contacting the parts department at my dealership. Thanks again!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I can find is for 1999-2000.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

I did a search too. From what I found there doesn't seem to be any recalls for that year just a lot of complaints about the failure. As Zodiac said I found a recall for the 1999 year.
    http://www.arfc.org/autos/chevrolet/...80/recall.aspx

09 G8GT SwitchBlade Silver/Sunroof:

SSV Z-Series ll Rims, GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Auto dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat backs, Kooks mids w/ HFCs, GXP Brembos w/Drilled Rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1

Best: 60'- 1.954 1/4-12.753 @ 109.42

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2000-2004
    Bulletin 04007A
    Service Bulletin 176057
    NHTSA Item number 10010543
    NHTSA Campaign ID No 04V129000

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...0&summary=true
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    Thanks guys! I'll call the dealership and just take a shot. All they can say is no.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a notice in the mail a few months ago saying they would replace them for free.
    I have a '01 S-10...
    Too bad i had already replaced them myself.
    ________________ _
    '08 G8... Panther Black
    Premium & Sport Pkg.- 7/08