Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Other forum

It is nice to know I'm not allowed to sell any of my parts of my g8 or GTO or truck on the other forum anymore. Here is the moderators pm. Deleted name because I don't blame him but the way the forum is run. Oh and my response.

"[Daniel,

As you wind down your involvement with G8's, we've noticed that you seem to have more and more items and cars "for sale". In the spirit of the for sale sections at g8board, we are unable to approve any more of your wheels or generic GTO/G8 parts that you may or may not own personally as it has been reported by some members as possible "proxy" due to the sheer number of cars, rims, and parts that you routinely list in the for sale sections. There were several of "friends cars" that were listed up for sale over the past year that got submitted that probably were not even owned by yourself.

Please don't take this personally, however, your history in the for-sale section can be understood to go beyond the "casual need to get rid of mods or spare parts in the garage", and people have noticed.

I get that you're a respected member of the g8 community, and having owned one of the most successful drag g8's has it's clout, please don't let me take any of that away from you. It's just that the spirit of the "for sale sections" are more for occasional items for sale and it seems to some that you might have crossed that line, into the realm of offloading parts for others, or possibly turning a profit by using your name and reputation to sell more-than-average items over time.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

As such, we cannot approve your for-sale ad as below. I hazard a guess that when you did up the description, you kinda knew this was coming anyways, because your description is about as generic as they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
    18x8

600 plus shipping. These wheels are discontinued and can no longer be purchased. The look good on the g8 or GTO

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

No I wouldn't say that. I sold for someone else maybe 2 or 3 times. 90% of time it is my stuff. He'll I have built GTO and g8s every which way and accumulate parts. These wheels are hard to find and was just trying to give someone a deal. The fact that anyone has a problem with me selling parts is laughable. If you don't want to buy them don't. But to report me how freakin childish. I don't understand the rules what so ever. But lets go ahead and end my involvement on this forum on that note. I will open up the drag race document for anyone to edit. But I would suggest you find someone else to man it. I am too busy as it is and have only been able to update twice the past 6 months. Have a good day. I'm not mad at you but this decision is a load of crap

Take it easy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Post Thanks / Like

Haters gonna hate

Sent from my S4 next to your sister's mother.
    Blown by Jessika
    Tuned by Pat G
    "Stock" MGM G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fengstang View Post
    Haters gonna hate

Sent from my S4 next to your sister's mother.
    Ain't that the truth. I'm sorry I sell my parts cheaper then everyone else and change my cars setup like most change their underwear.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand some of the rules also... seems like a power play sometimes from some of the moderators, but whoever is complaining or whatever has no idea on just how much stuff you have bought and sold for all your projects on your g8.... some people have just way too much time on their hands... just cant see who would complain... I mean if you don't want to buy it, then don't.... wtf.... I mean someone will want it and we should have the chance to buy stuff that people are selling.... its not like your selling ford focus parts or something....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Another prime example of a corporate run website. I much prefer sites that run on donations.

BTW, my local wheel store had those wheels hanging on the wall. I liked them but I went with 19s instead

Post Thanks / Like

They can be a bit of a pain over there.. I've already got "talked to" because one of their members doesn't even own a G8 nor ever did but wants to argue with everyone about everything.

I find myself straying away more and more from that board. But ill stick around until I'm banned, which will probably be soon. Lol.

Sent From: A Nuclear Plant
    Rotofab
    Kooks LT
    Solo HFC
    Solo Mach
    Pedders Street II GSR kit
    Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
    Milled Heads
    Ported Intake
    Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
    After:430/404

Post Thanks / Like

Posts like these need to stop. I was going to remove this, but thought it would be better to serve our community best by explaining why.

GRRRR8.net is not affiliated with G8board in any way. We (admins and moderators) have asked for forum flaming to stop. We have members from the other forum as well as moderators and admins that are paid members of this web site. This puts them in an awkward position in that they feel they need to respond. I'm doing that now.

We have for sale rules as well. It would be nice if everyone followed them, but if they did, the moderators wouldn't have anything to do.
    I'm asking nicely here, stop the bashing of the other forum. Maybe I've turned over a new leaf here.

Ray
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry ray I was extremely frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

I visit both boards.
    I like this one much better.
    Oooops, can I say that?
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Ray, I get your drift. Won't knock anyone in particular, or any forum. So let me see if I can successfully run the gauntlet of political correctness and board rules, but still address what root cause drove Daniel's exclusion. His exclusion is due to one of the seven deadly sins: Envy. Daniel is a victim of envy.

In our sick, screwed-up world we live in today, people who are successful are the bad guys. They have a target on their back. Daniel is successful. Obviously he is funded to buy the parts he wants to try on his setup and switch them out at will. He offended those that don’t want to work as hard as he does, or can’t work as smart as he does. Consequently, they have less than him, and choose to ascribe to an entitlement mentality. They suffer from jealousy. Those that can, do. Those that can't...well, they try to get at those that can by any insidious means at their disposal. In this case, their only recourse to attack Daniel was to complain to the moderator.

There. The only people this post should offend are people who support and defend envy.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 09-13-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.