Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRR8.net passes 5 years on the web

Post Thanks / Like

Default GRRRR8.net passes 5 years on the web

A lot has happened since Aug 2008. This forum exploded toward the end of 2008 and 2009.
    We found some GRRRR8 vendors to work with us to deliver product that unfortunately was going to run a short production life.
    We have some GRRRR8 members who still find time to help those that ask, and are willing to try a few things they may have never done before.

I want to thank Charlie and Steve for putting this forum together. I have met many of you guys and being a part of the G8 group has been a blast.

Short story of how we go here.

Charlie, George, Tom, Jay, myself were all members of G8Board.
    Charlie had an issue with the way some folks did things, and well voiced his opinion loudly, enough they he got banned from there. Steve got a hold of Charlie and said he would build him a forum. Here we are now, over 500,00 posts and no corporate entity to tell us what we can and cannot do.
    Well, except for the azzhole moderators.

We hope everyone sticks around, and continues to help this be the place where people go to mod their G8's.

Don't forget there are two new boards now to check out.

Thanks for being a part of this.

Ray
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned much about the L76 engine with the purchase of my 2009.5 G8GT in late March 2009, I now have 364 HP and 375 Tq only with bolt-ons only. I blame this Forum!..................John

Post Thanks / Like

It has been GRRRR8 since I joined when I got the Black Rat. All the help from everyone with my past issues and GRRRR8 mods I have had done and the few of you that I have met. What a GRRRR8 bunch of guys.

Its also refreshing that we can speak our minds and have fun at the same time and not worry to much about a few F bombs flying and no one getting offended.

All the vendors I have used are all stand up companies and people and products.

Drive it like you stole it and thank you all!
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

I still remember all the mod fights Charlie had lol....I never looked back since I left g8board with you guys and have been here since-Thanks Charlie,Ray, Steve....and all the nutballs that have built this empire
    its not how shiny it is or how fast it is,its how you drive it!
    GT,prem,sport pkgs
    hood deflector
    GXP diffuser
    smoked corner and tail signals
    trunk mat
    kicker subs-sony amp(custom well ecl.-me build!)
    Infinity 2way doors
    MTX re-q (for subs)
    35% tint all around
    red LED's under dash + seats
    Vararam & HSRK
    Kaltech custom 93 tune
    Solo axlebacks
    333RWHP/340RWTQ (mustang dyno)

Post Thanks / Like

wow how time flies! Thanks to all for making this a great forum. I have learned a lot and I am still learning. to many more years
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Simply the best!!!! Thanks to all of you that toil to make it work!
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT-610 View Post
    I still remember all the mod fights Charlie had lol....I never looked back since I left g8board with you guys and have been here since-Thanks Charlie,Ray, Steve....and all the nutballs that have built this empire
    Good to see another founding member like you stick around,
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

This board would have gone nowhere if it weren't for the excellent and dedicated moderators we have here. I give all the credit to them!

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

Never would have built the car I did without this group. Thank you all.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Never would have built the car I did without this group. Thank you all.
    Me too. I wouldn't have been able to do what I have without the help of numerous members. Thank you to all the guys who made this site and keep it up on a daily basis. My wife may hate you, but I love you!
    RIP Charlie!

2009 MGM G8 GT
    Vararam, PaceSetter, Magnaflow, Comp, Pac, Yank
    11.95 @ 116.64