Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Made my own Allergy Relief cabin filters. Spares for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they all gone?

2009.5 G8 GT PBM W/ ONYX/RED INTERIOR PREMIUM PKG, SPORT PKG, SUNROOF, AND BLUETOOTH
    **SuperChips 93 RotoFab Tune **RotoFab CAI **Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust
    **20% Tint **6000k HIDs **Audi Style LEDs

Post Thanks / Like

Finally opened the box and installed my grill and filter. I may have to post pictures of my old filter, that to my knowledge, has never been changed!!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Got one here too. Looks good, thanks for making these up, filling a need for the community.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dozen filters as well, but I like this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    Here in Australia the VE cars do not come with Cabin Filters already installed. Instead they have a plastic leaf screen, which is in essence the same thing as the aluminium frame above except they are molded in plastic.
    So, If someone like myself would prefer a plastic insert vs the metal frame, is this plastic leaf screen available? assuming we could use it with the filters above.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

I've talked with Charlie and I'm a vendor now! He's a great guy to deal with or talk to. I was waiting for my screenname to change to green to update this thread, but since you brought it up, I had an issue with one of the metal frames being too tight on a customer's car, So instead of fooling with the metal frames, I made these up!!! My new plastic screens. (pictures below)

To safeguard against slight size differences in everyone's car, I will include some trimming for the top and bottom of the plastic grid. The grid is cut perfectly to the opening's size on my car. A little piece of trim on the top made it just tight enough to be perfect. My thoughts are, if it's too tight, you can pull the trimming off and it will be looser. AND if it was too loose, then you can add trimming to the bottom too, and make it tighter.

If you've ordered an aluminum frame and are unhappy with it, PM me and I'll send you a plastic one.
    (EDIT: Crazy Paul sent me a diagram with a picture of the VE's leafguard, and from what I saw, I believe it would work fine)

So much more flexible, and easier to install than the aluminum ones.

Last edited by MAC the KNIFE; 09-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.

2009 GT
    rotofab cai, kooks lt's, tune, 3.27 gears, bmr sways, 6/4 pot brembos, hawk hps, button paddle shifters, 275/30/20 square setup. occasionally autocrossed

PB = 12.783, 3.70 gears, fbo and tune.

Want better cabin filters at a lower price? Check my thread! 6 for $25!!!!
    http://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=38105

Post Thanks / Like

So how much for the new style ???
    '09 SBM G8 GT - GT7 (Sport and Premium packages w/ Sunroof), Lovells Eliminator Super Low Combo, Pedders Street 1, BMR sways...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Got 8? View Post
    So how much for the new style ???
    Still just $25.10 for 6 filter pads and a plastic screen, plus shipping, or $40.20 for 12 and a screen, plus shipping.
    Shipping to most places so far has been about $9 or less for the 6-pack, and less than $11 for the 12-pack.

To be honest, prices would have gone up if I had continued with the aluminum frames. Those things are a pain to make!

2009 GT
    rotofab cai, kooks lt's, tune, 3.27 gears, bmr sways, 6/4 pot brembos, hawk hps, button paddle shifters, 275/30/20 square setup. occasionally autocrossed

Post Thanks / Like

If you're wondering how long they last, it's been a few months since i put this filter pad in. I had a 2700 mile road trip a few weeks ago, and here's what the filter pad looks like even after all that.

leaves and sand gathered in the bottom, but the white of the pad hasn't even started to turn gray yet!

And the green anti-microbial side is still just as clean, and oily as it can be!

shipping on a box of (6) has been right around $9. Feel free to ask any questions. Or send me your zip code so I can get you a shipping estimate.

2009 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Time! Notice how our filters don't bend on the edge like the pleated ones. That gap on the sides lets the leaves and other debris bypass the oem/pleated filters.

To make absolutely sure that ALL incoming air is filtered, we OVERSIZE our filters!

When you buy from us, you receive the plastic screen shown here, and the anti-microbial Allergy Relief filters.

Just place the plastic screen in...

Then tuck the filter pad in...

And you're good to go!

STOP PAYING SO MUCH FOR FILTERS THAT DON'T EVEN FIT RIGHT AND LEAVE GAPS!!!
    Ours are only $4.19 each. Get a package of 6 for $25.10. PM your zip code for shipping quotes. Thank You!

2009 GT

Post Thanks / Like

A BIG special thanks to jonesusmc84 for organizing the first group buy! Shipping multiple kits in a single box lowered the freight costs dramatically.

If you're friends with other G8 owners, we will ship the kits for FREE if you combine 4 to 6 orders.

But if you're the only G8 in your hometown, don't worry. Shipping has averaged $8 or less for a 6-pack. That's right! About $34 for a kit of six Allergy Relief filters, shipped!

PM your zip code, and we'll get you a quote on shipping.
    Our next box of filters could be going to your Car Club!

2009 GT