Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and overheating issues = Solved

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and overheating issues = Solved

Just posting to help others.

Does your S3 get hot during the day for no reason? Does your battery life drain super quickly for no reason? I believe I've found the solution.

I've found a few settings that have helped my S3's battery life and overheating issue. These settings may be available on the S2 and S4, but I know, for sure, changing a few things on the S3 will double the battery life and keep the phone from heating up when not in use.

First thing: Turn the automatic screen brightness off.

Second: Turn off vibrate - Phone calls, notifications, apps, haptic feedback, everything.

Third: After every restart, go into settings -> battery -> and you should see "Media" using the most power. Select "Force Stop". This apparently is a programming issue, and the only way to resolve it, is to select force stop after every restart.

Fourth and Final: S Voice Settings (open S Voice, select settings) and turn off Wake Up Command. If you look, there is a note stating "this may drain your battery"! This is on by default, see pic below.

Hope this helps y'all as much as it did me. I can go all day without charging or overheating....makes the phone much more enjoyable.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Another helpful step is to lower the frequency of your notification settings and sync settings.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED