Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: LLoydminster area, Alberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default LLoydminster area, Alberta

Hey guys, I am out here in Alberta working, specifically in LLoydminster. Wondering if anyone on here is in the area? I don't know anyone and life is getting boring after a month of work, sleep, gym! I don't have the G8 out here yet though, starting to really miss it!

Meeting up for a cold beer or something would be awesome
    2009 Hot White Pontiac G8 GT
    HP Tuners, Vararam, Vector Motorsports Stage 2.5 Cam, Kook's, Magnaflow, 3.45 Gears, Circle D 3200, FAST LSXr 102, Nick Williams 102mm, HP Tuners, Custom Transmission pan, Powdercoated Engine

Post Thanks / Like

Whats cooking CanadianEh! Whats with that still working in Alberta BS. Go get the car and plant some roots here. Other than the weather (sucks) it doesn't get much better than Alberta. I'm working straight through til the middle of August with only a couple days off but I'll pm you. What kind of schedual you working?
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, that's the plan in a couple years when my girlfriend is done school and comes out as well.

Schedule, whats a schedule? Only days I get off are when its raining! Unless I book it off. Life of an equipment operator. Car will be home for this year, may bring it out next summer if I find a house with a garage by then. Impossible to find any type of decent place to live in Lloyd, I got lucky and found a brand new condo basement to rent.. but I need my garage to keep the car in before I bring her out.. which could be a while

Definitely shoot me a PM when you get some days off. I am heading home to NB July 24-31 so ill go on a few evening dates with the G8.. maybe invite the girlfriend along and make a threesome out of it!

Kyle
    HP Tuners, Vararam, Vector Motorsports Stage 2.5 Cam, Kook's, Magnaflow, 3.45 Gears, Circle D 3200, FAST LSXr 102, Nick Williams 102mm, HP Tuners, Custom Transmission pan, Powdercoated Engine

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in red deer, I know there's a few people in the Edmonton area
    2009 sport red v6
    -helo rims
    -k&n intake
    -solo axle back
    -Overkill tune

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly the Grove Cruise on the August 16-18 weekend is my next stretch off other than a day here and there when I switch from nights to days and vice versa. I can get a deal on rooms nearby if anyone can make it that weekend and I'll host a BBQ if anyone is into it.

If you were near Edmonton Kyle you would have been off most of June. Most of the road projects are a month behind because of the rain. I just took a chunk out of one of my rims a couple weeks ago in a sinkhole.

I've heard that its tough finding a house around Lloyd. I talked to some people renting way out like in Myrnam and driving in. Crazy eh.

I'm also wondering if anyone is into a group buy on the rear window shades that mount on the outside of the glass. It looks like $175 each shipped from Aus if we can get 3 people interested. PM me if there is any interest.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome G8chick, not to far away at all, and I am sure lots are in Edmonton. I will be in Edmonton briefly the evening of July 24 and the day of July 31 as I am flying in and out of there.

I had a huge chunk of June off due to all the rain we got here in Lloyd. I think that's why I have been going so crazy haha. It is not to bad not that its nice out and working flat out. I may be interested in this Grove Cruise, got details?

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you Kyle. That rain was giving everbody cabin fever plus the bloody flooding was crazy.

The Cruise is an all weekend thing that starts Friday, August 16 at the Home Depot parking lot on Hwy 16A. Registration ($20 per vehicle) is there for the weekend events at 4pm and then there is the park and show there in the parking lot til 8pm. Lots of cars and usually the mobile dyno is there if weather permits. I should have confirmation that he is coming by next week. There is a Poker run that starts at 5pm to 8pm. 8 tasks to accomplish where speed is not an issue. Prizes of $250, $150 + $100 I think. those are handed out about 8:30pm.

On Saturday 8-10am there is a pancake/bacon/juice breakfast at the Central Park Log Cabin on King Street, $3 donation please. Assembly for the parade (free) is by the City Hall just off King Street @9:30. Parade starts at 10:30 Anyone with pretty much anything is welcome to join, floats, bikes, cars and trucks...The route is not too long, probably 30 minutes tops. At 11am til 5pm the Tailgate Swap Meet and Sale starts at Jubilee Park (Ball Diamonds) along with Show and Shine registration 11-2pm. Show and Shine is from 12-4:30pm.

There is a bunch of stuff for the kids going from 11 to 5 at Jubilee as well, Activities, bouncing balls car painting.

There is a dB Drag Race sponsored by "FX Audio" Pure decibel challenge professionally judged from 12-5pm

There is a Dinner at 5:30pm (first 250 participants), tickets are $25

9pm Drive in movie " Cars 2" sponsored by Jacks Drive In(free - bring a chair)

The beverage tent runs 12pm-11pm ( Use common sense- no D+D thems everywhere), Show awards are handed out at 7pm

Sunday there is a BBQ at Iroc Hydrolics 12-5pm

I also have a service road right across the street from us that could easily park a couple dozen G8's if anyone wants to do a mini G8 only show. BBQ on me. I was thinking of Saturday say between between 4-6 since the dinner always sells out too. If someones looking for a room I get discounted rates 6km away in Stony Plain. I'll have the rates and contact number next week. Any questions feel free to pm me. Its easy to find your way around. Love to see some of you there.

Here's a link to the website www.grovecruise.ca
    Last edited by GRRR8GT; 07-07-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great event, I wont have the G8 to attend but I am always up for a good gathering of automotive enthusiasts and to talk cars, trucks, bikes, and anything that has an engine and makes noise. If it permits at the time, I may try to take a day or 2 off and come take in the festivities! Ill be just coming back from my week back home so I may not be able to get the time, but you never know.

Hopefully you guys are drying out from all the rain and flooding if you got hit by any of it. We have had a lot of issues working due to the oil fields being so saturated with water. Things are finally drying up now though and in no time people will be wanting rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday is the best day with hundreds of cars at Jubilee Park. Lots of stuff at the tailgate swap meet and sale too. No flood here, some wet basements but its drying up now. Crazy but my wifes flowers look the best they have in years even with all the wind, rain and hail. Let me know if you book a day and are coming.
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Ill have to see whats going on closer to the time, I am taking that week off at the end of July so I dont want to take to much time off! If I do I risk losing a seat in equipment