Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P0445 (Gas Cap leaks) took to dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Default P0445 (Gas Cap leaks) took to dealer

After getting the dreaded CHL code P0445, I decided to take the car to the dealer for a new cap. After explaining the situation with the gas caps, the SM dug through the vehicle history and found the Gas Cap problem. He explained to get the work done,, the 'tech' would have to troubleshoot the system, and if they found nothing wrong, I would have to pay the troubleshooting fee ($150ish) What the hell, I had them do the trpubleshooting. About 30 minutes later, the SM said the cap was good to go, and they could reset code, or dig deeper into the Evap system. I chose the reset and was on my way. When I get home I started looking into the paperwork they gave me and noticed something odd.Scan0001.pdf Scan0002.pdf

Unless I am reading it wrong, the new cap doesn't have the symbols, just the writing in blue. My current cap has the symbols as seen on the left of att.2. Should I go back to the dealership tomorrow and have them order, or see if they'll order the new design cap, or just buy my own on the web? It is embarassing to have a new car and spin the cap 5 times to keep the cap tight. (damn gravitational pull)

HVY
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14

Post Thanks / Like

I know they did change the color of the print on the caps when they updated them, way back when...

But I thought 449 pertained to a evap leak and 445 was more evap canister related?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy it online and be done.... I got the same line of bs and just bought it from Greg at Pace... Problem solved!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Wicked, per the paperwork, P0455 Evap Emission Large leak detected, while a p0442 is a small leak detected. Does the Southern Hemisphere cars have the gas cap problems? I'll probably call Greg and order new cap and be done with it.
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14

Post Thanks / Like

There is a special policy warranty on the gas caps.

That's a step away from a recall. Someone with access to the gm stuff should be able to provide the numbers. I don't think I posted it back when.

**RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't this be an opportunity for our GM representative to step in here and see if they can help?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

HVYCHVY,

Truly sorry to hear of your concerns. Please let me know if you'd need to make a dealership appointment. I'd be more than happy to do that for you. Feel free to message me anytime and reference your concerns if you choose to do so.

GM Customer Care
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    There is a special policy warranty on the gas caps.

That's a step away from a recall. Someone with access to the gm stuff should be able to provide the numbers. I don't think I posted it back when.

The gas cap warranty was moved to 80k miles. My dealership ordered one for my G8.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    HVYCHVY,

Truly sorry to hear of your concerns. Please let me know if you'd need to make a dealership appointment. I'd be more than happy to do that for you. Feel free to message me anytime and reference your concerns if you choose to do so.

GM Customer Care
    lol
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    HVYCHVY,

GM Customer Care
    Didn't read the author at first, too funny.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader