Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a lot of creaks/rattles with their G8?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the snubber on mine. but I can put my finger on parts 21, and 20 and all the noise stops.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

For a very long time I was hearing a rattle from my steering wheel on certain days. Come to find out it was my watch vibrating on my wrist lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367757921.895811.jpg
    2009 Hot White G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium
    Show: Tint 25%-F 15%-R, Billet grill inserts, rockford fosgate audio, gxp diffuser, eibach pro springs,

Go: Kooks 1 7/8 LT w/catted x-pipe, SLP loudmouf Axle Backs, BMR subframe connectors, bmr tunnel trace, BMR trailing arms w/ bushings, BMR adjustable toe rods, BMR adjustable control arms, billet prototype catchcan, Yanks 3200 stall, L92 Stage 2 heads, thunderracing custom cam 223/235 .610/.620 on a 115 LSA, Kenne bell BAP, magnacharger TVS 2300 w/ rotofab cai, Tuned by 21st Centurty Muscle Cars

Murk...or be Murked! Protect Your Chest!

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    you guys with teh plastic rattle in the dash.

Try opening your glove box and seeing if the noise changes or go away. I had that issue, always thought it was in the center stack somehwere - but it kept changing. Then I got where I was driving on this one set of roads all the time and the noise got consistent. (same places, same speeds, etc etc). and one day the then finance me opened the glove box for something and the noise stopped.

My issue is in the latch, key hole for the glove box. I'm about 2 steps away from just taking the thing out all together.
    Sorry to hear about that! Have you gotten this issue taken care of?

William R.
    GM Customer Care
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Post Thanks / Like

mine does this all the time

Post Thanks / Like

:/ sucks

Post Thanks / Like

I have a rattle or clunk coming from under the back seat somewhere. Almost sounds like it's on the outside of the car. Happens when I go over hard dips in the pavement. Dealer said it was the rear tether on my kid's car seat hitting the subwoofer grille. It still makes the noise without the car seat in the car though. It's been happening since the first year I had the car. It's not the exhaust. It did it with the factory exhaust too. Seems to be worse when it's cold out.

It's a heavy sounding clunk or knock sound. I checked and tightened the rear sway bar links and bushes. I checked the bolts for the rear cradle and they're tight. The only possibilities I can think of now are if there's a bushing on top of the rear shock mount that gets loose when it's cold; if the gas tank is rattling, or if these cables for the parking brakes rattle in the collars they pass through by the gas tank.

Post Thanks / Like

^Check your heat shields under the car.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, if anyone is still trying to find a rattle/buzz around the center console, both of my G8s had a rattle there - it was the trim around the window switches in both cars. I put double-sided trim tape up under the trim where it hangs over the piece below it (if that makes any sense) - no more noise.

Also in my current G8, I had a rattle/buzz coming from the rear of the car somewhere at a certain rpm during semi-aggressive acceleration. I kept thinking it was under the car - checked heat shields, exhaust bolts, l kinds of stuff... finally realized it was actually coming from inside the car. Last night I found it - the rear passenger side "oh sh*t" handle (for lack of a better term). Can't figure out how to make it stop though. It inside the parts that rotate to make the handle pull down.
    "Elvira" aka "Red Nasty": 2008 Liquid Red G8 GT - Mustang Dyno before several mods: 376rwhp, 384 lb-ft tq - PowerBond 25% UDP, Modified Spectre/Rotofab CAI, LS7 MAF, tb ported by Yours Truly , Taylor Thundervolt wires, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Solo HFCs, QTP e-cutouts, Solo Mach Shorty, Camaro SS Deep Sump Trans Pan, Norris Motorsports Catch Can, TUNED by PAT G, Brembo GXP Front Brake Kit w/ StopTech Street Performance pads, Gunmetal TSW Nurburgrings 20x8.5 +43 front and 20x10 +35 rear, 255/35/20 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+, rolled and pulled rear fenders with fender-bumper joints shaved, GXP rear struts, BMR rear end links, BMR Differential Bushings, "G8 GT 6.0 Liter" Trunk Badge, "L76 6.0" Sideskirt Badges, Black Painted Accents , GXP Rear Diffuser, Bohnman Chin Splitter, Lloyd Rubbertite Floormats.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a quarter laying on top of the parking brake linkage once. Got down there through the gap in front of the console glove box. Still have a buzz that I can't find. While driving, with a load on the engine, it sounds like it's coming from the back seat.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the center console rattle somewhere too; I'll check the glove box and the cubby. On the B-pillar rattle going over bumps, I had this on both pass-side doors - it was the post on the latch for the door. Took it off and had it tack-welded to the plate, problem solved, easy fix!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.