Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: manual conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Trans swap is complete. Only thing left to do is relearn brakes. Sweet. Everything considered, this was really an easy project. I've worked on manual cars since high school and the only difference was wiring harness and hydraulic clutch and tunes. Mechanically, it was pretty easy. Especially since all the parts were new and shiny clean!
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT, VMS 1.5 DoD Delete and Tunes, Vararam CAI, Kooks Mid-length Headers, AEM Wide Band O2, high-flow cats, Corsa Catback exhaust, M6 conversion, MGW Shifter, GXP Diff 3.70

Post Thanks / Like

So for using a Camaro TR6060 you need an adapter plate? I couldn't find just a bellhousing that said it would work. Closest thing I found was thihttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...saAqk-EALw_wcB which says it needs an adapter. That's really annoying that the L76 LS engine wouldn't match another LS engine's M6 belhousing shape.

Post Thanks / Like

The Camaro bellhousing is part of the front plate, so you can not just swap the bellhousing. The GXP front plate has different sized bearings and a few other differences so changing that won't work either.
    Rockland did have a front plate that would adapt the Camaro trans to the GXP bellhousing, but I'm sure sure it would be worth the cost.

http://www.rsgear.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsxPyo6_Ow
    -Greg
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

It's been four years since any info has been posted here and without any current info, I made a call to Pace and their first comment was a good indicator that they no longer know much about this particular swap. I said I have an 2015 TR-6060 to be used in a G8. Their answer, "It won't work." I had to rely on specific info I absorbed from reading this thread that it will. That being said, does anyone have any more current info on the parts required and where to obtain them? I need to acquire everything except the trans and pedals.

Post Thanks / Like

following this thread as i am curious for my conversion as well.....