Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how many use "GRRR8 mobile" as I call it?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    I do too, but I'll be damned if I knew how to get the mobile version of the page to show up on my phone.

Can we have a durned button or link somewhere on the site to switch to the mobile version? iPhone defaults to a normal page view, and while it's nice, I could care less about all the little pics cluttering up the small (relatively) screen on the iPhone.
    There is a box on the very very bottom left corner to change it
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnak View Post
    There is a box on the very very bottom left corner to change it
    No shit, just noticed that now that you say it.

Thanks, thought I was going nuts!

EDIT:

OK, I've gotten the forums to display the mobile version just fine in Firefox here on my work laptop, but choosing the mobile version on my iPhone just reloaded the page with the standard view... Any thoughts? It does state "mobile" at the bottom as the selection on my phone...

Weirdness...
    Last edited by Slizzo; 02-06-2009 at 08:07 AM.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Well by default the iPhone goes to normal mode since most people seemed to prefer that so maybe it's forcing you to go into that mode?
    I'll have to see if there's a way around that
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I get on here occasionally with my ipod....works great.

Post Thanks / Like

The iPhone doesn't need the mobile version. It works GREAT in the normal mode.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Steve. This works so much easier. You are the man!
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Post Thanks / Like

I surf it occasionally from my Samsung Epix (Windows based touch screen with keyboard)
    I love it!! Dare I say that it's grrrr8?!?!?!?! Sorry i had to...
    2008 G8 GT
    Ignition Orange Metallic
    Onyx Cloth Interior

Mods To Come:
    New Era CAI
    H.I.D. Lights (low beam & fogs)
    Temporarily Straight Pipe Axle Back until
    Cat-Back Muffler set
    De-Badge
    V-Badge

Post Thanks / Like

Ya im on here a bit with my BB. I like the mobile layout.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a few months ago with my crackberry and got so pissed that I almost threw it at the wall. I don't know if it has changed or if there is a different address I need to go to? I think it is mostly the way our IT has the little SOB set up. I have a lot of trouble with any input boxes on any site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    I tried a few months ago with my crackberry and got so pissed that I almost threw it at the wall. I don't know if it has changed or if there is a different address I need to go to? I think it is mostly the way our IT has the little SOB set up. I have a lot of trouble with any input boxes on any site.
    Try it now, it should work fine. The layout is perfect for the BB.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.