Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
Hoy crap! .. I noticed mine was a little wet after getting caught in a down poor last month. think that was the first time my G8 seen rain. Im thankful the G8 sits in my garage until spring.
I have never had an issue with rain, drove through quite a bit of it in the summer. After just 6 months and about 8K miles, my filter was filthy. I had my lifters replaced in the late summer under warrenty, put the stock intake back in, and decided to leave it in through the winter. I had thought of using a screen type media to act as a prefilter, could couldnt figure something out with the limited supply of tools/equipment i have since moving into the city.

I have never thrown a code with the VCM, although i am untuned and mostly stock, so that additional unmetered airflow (if actually an issue) would lean it out a bit. Pat G tune coming in the spring.

I wonder what the volume/flow of vented air is back to the intake? Is it so minimal that we are overthinking this? I wonder what the percentage difference would be, are we talking 5%, 0.5%, 0.005%? I don't know, obviously every little bit unmetered will affect it.

I suppose the only way to really tell is with a wideband? compared commanded afr vs actual?