Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good shop in NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    With you not being from the area, Im curious to know what dirt you have.
    More than most!!!!

Still pulling splinters from my ass on this one...

:Paid for full three in exhaust with tips..... got full three inch with 2.5" muffs and no tips...
    :new LSXr 102 intake and they forgot to tighten bolts on between two halfs and it blew apart throwing gas all over engine!!!!! lucky damn car didnt go up in flames!!!! and I had to get towed!!
    :Put 4L80E in car that was supposed to be virtually new.... pulled out cause I blew it a month later and it was completely rusty, and per RPM, they said it looked like it sat outside in snow for a yr!!!!! ps... I never drive even in rain!!!
    :Setup my trans and trans controller but didnt tie RPM back into controller so it would shift ok on street but on track it would redline and not shift right.... I had to rewire and figure out myself... the way they did it would have never worked!!!
    :After I got car back my A/F gage didnt work at all.... still have to figure out that one... replaced sensor but didnt fix it...
    :Orifice size on meth system was a mile off per the meth guyy who sold the system, the new shop I worked with.... their choice of nozzles would never get up to proper pressure and didnt work right!!!
    :9" rear they put in and I found drivers side axle was completely loose and dripping oil everywhere.... found it loose only due the oil... all bolts on axles joint were not even hand tight!!!!
    :They kept my car 1 year!!!!! tore it apart and then worked on other cars!!!! my car say for so long there.... they did as a filler job but charged me full!!!!
    :When they put my fuel injector orings on, they had three different size orings... which they leaked!!!! MIENGINEER and a couple other guys from the forum helped me change orings after it again was blowing gas all over engine in the middle of the night on woodward!!!
    : Paid $187 for a battery that was stil under warranty and was not warned about this till after I got bill...
    : Paid over $90each for 2 V belts that I was not warned about ..... a bit high I would say!!! and it wasnt the racing kind!!! just normal!!
    : Paid $750 for used Camaro brembos for the FRONT only and gave them my brakes and they said they would give me a killer deal.... not sure if it were killer for me?
    : They lost my Circle D converter... claimed they shipped it and circle d lost it.... but after over 2 months of complaining about it... they mysteriously found it!!!!

Other than these couple items...... ....

I think Matt is a great tuner but for medium big jobs.....hmmmm..... not too sure about!!! He does have a bigger place now and should help, but I think many of these mistakes were completely out of line and could have caused me much loss!!!! Who leaves the bolts loose on an intake?.... fuel rail lists up and injectors pump gas all over hot ass engine!!!!!! not cool!!!

How is that for an experience???
    Last edited by gr8lover; 03-09-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Gotta promise not to stop
    Post Thanks / Like

Hence why I would only go to Kaltech (in Long Island) or East Coast Supercharging in NJ. I really hate trashing local shops, but there simply is not that much of a selection. There are a ton of shops in the area, but most of them are mediocre at best. Other than Katech and ECS, you have a bunch of overrated (Cartek and Tune Time) or lower end shops.

FWIW, I pay more for my installs and such than most would. But the guy I go to is of impeccable quality. I pay for said quality and I am glad to do it.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V | Crystal Red Tintcoat | Ebony
    KPE Catback | Airaid Cold Air Intake | Tuned by Kaltech Tuning and Performance

2013 Mustang GT | Sterling Gray | Saddle | -- Sold (7/31/14)
    Stuff | 550 RWHP

2009 G8 GT | Stryker Blue | Onyx | -- Sold (8/3/13)
    Giant cam | 4200 Coan Stall Converter | ARH Headers | Other stuff | 440 RWHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    From all I have read and heard Matt @ Tune Time in NJ is the guy to go see.
    The only reason for this is because he is local for some magazines and has made his name off of that. Tune Time is the most overrated shop in the area.

Stuff | 550 RWHP

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not in NJ but contact Andrew at Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA. He has done a lot of GTO work, G8's, Camaros and CTS-V's. Very down to earth and easy to deal with. Plus his service and work is awesome!
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to try east coast supercharging next time
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic600_1.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hayabusa160 View Post
    Im going to try east coast supercharging next time
    I'll be visiting them after I install my Kooks mids for a street tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    I know it's not in NJ but contact Andrew at Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA. He has done a lot of GTO work, G8's, Camaros and CTS-V's. Very down to earth and easy to deal with. Plus his service and work is awesome!
    Better shops in the area than CSP.

Stuff | 550 RWHP

Post Thanks / Like

You could try RPM in Delaware
    97 T/A Ram Air Convt
    777rwhp Dyno Queen - 383 LT1, F1A Procharger, S60, LS1 PCM Conversion, Tuned by TuneTime. 10.7@137

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Ignition Orange - TTP Tuned/Vararam Intake/ARH LT's - 12.86@108 - Should of held third

Post Thanks / Like

I need someone in North Jersey..

2009.5 G8 GT PBM W/ ONYX/RED INTERIOR PREMIUM PKG, SPORT PKG, SUNROOF, AND BLUETOOTH
    **SuperChips 93 RotoFab Tune **RotoFab CAI **Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust
    **20% Tint **6000k HIDs **Audi Style LEDs

Post Thanks / Like

Matt at tune time butchered my exhaust, and I had to replace all his work 2 years later. He insisted on using his own pipes, and used mild steel. The welds rusted out within a year, the rest shortly followed. My driveway was constantly brown from exhaust chips falling all over. Every weekend I had to clamp and repair a new section to prevent it from falling off. They also welded directly to the rear muffler at a 90 degree angle, so I couldn't repair or salvage anything.

He charged me like $400 for an h pipe too, a god damn fortune. I waited in the lobby for about 6 hours while they apparently used my car to learn to weld.

The place that fixed his work did it for 1/3 the price and laughed as his work fell off in pieces. Don't ever consider him for exhaust work. He also is unresponsive and short, sometimes downright thuggish, so it's a wonder people use him at all. I'll only consider them for tuning.

The only places I've come to trust is Carnivale's firestone in verona, and STS is morris plains. Everywhere else I've gone, I caught them doing shortcuts and don't trust. Woody's in roxbury/succasunna were cool too, but I didn't end up having them do the work. They refused to even touch Matt's mess, suggesting I regroup and have the whole exhaust replaced instead of band-aiding his disaster. So I get them brownie points for honesty.
    Doug Thorley to MBS 2.5 midpipe, homemade intake, ported throttlebody, loads of soundproofing and custom audio