Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternator going out! Covered under powertrain warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alternator going out! Covered under powertrain warranty?

Is the alternator covered under the 5yr 100000 mile powertrain warranty? Also,I bought the car in august of 08. Am I still under warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you bought the car was new and you're under 100k miles, you are still under powertrain warranty. However, I don't think the alternator would be covered, but I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Doubt it, but not clue! My guess would be, starters, alt, PS pumps, Fuel injectors and such are consumables...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, the alternator is not covered under the powertrain. The water pump and fuel pump are though!
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the dealer and they wanted 814 bucks to replace!

Post Thanks / Like

92191127 Is the part number.
    We sell them for $207.82
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Take it off and take it to a local starter and alternator rebuilders and they normally charge around 100 or so.

Sent from my amazing iPhone4 using Tapatalk

09 G8 GT liquid red, Rotofab intake, custom ground cam, dod delete, valve job, ported & polished , Magnacharger tvs 1900, kooks headers, magnaflow competition cat back, 5000k HID'S and 3k fogs, front Brembo brake kit, Vector motorsports dyno tune, billet grill, MaverickMan carbon fiber hood and spoiler, Peter G painted lowers, Camaro 20" rims, 3M clear bra, Holden Mats, led interior lights. Weathertech floor mats.

546 rwhp 524 torque

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on horsepower TV last week a clip on how to rebuild your own. I'm sure you can find that clip on line and do it yourself for a LOT less if your a DIYer.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked why it was so much. The tech told me that he had to remove one of the A/C lines that was next to it. When I heard that I called BS,and ask to speak to the manager. I spoke to him and then he went over to talk the the tech and came back and said it had to be done. After that I went to the parts department and bought the alternator they had and I went at it myself! The were charging me 3.5 hrs, I did it in 2! The A/C line was never in the way to were it had to be remove. Ive read stories on here about guys going in for one thing and coming out with other problems. I wasn't having that! Specially with the A/C!

Oh the tech also told me it was because of the supercharger. That it spun the alternator faster. When I tried to call his BS he started talking all over me and wouldn't let me finish my sentences. I dont know why I keep gone to that stealership. But its my last time. The tech even left a big oh grease hand print on my hood! They will get negative scores on their survey feed back. For anyone in Houston,dont go to Beck and Masten on the south side for service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    92191127 Is the part number.
    We sell them for $207.82
    I knew you had them on the cheap. But this is my only driver and couldn't wait a few days.