Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hooker Maxflows

Post Thanks / Like

I built my hooker max flow axle backs this weekend. They do reduce drone. Even the 4 cyl afm mode is barely discernible. I added them to my Solo Mach shorty and removed the j pipes. They are very quiet inside the cabin but still sound nice outside. They cut the raw lower frequencies that caused things to vibrate. Wife approves so I call it a win.
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
    I built my hooker max flow axle backs this weekend. They do reduce drone. Even the 4 cyl afm mode is barely discernible. I added them to my Solo Mach shorty and removed the j pipes. They are very quiet inside the cabin but still sound nice outside. They cut the raw lower frequencies that caused things to vibrate. Wife approves so I call it a win.
    What are your other mods? Based on your numbers, I'm guessing LTs, intake, tune? Do you have an x pipe?

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT - RotoFab CAI, Pace Setter long tube headers, X-Pipe, Cincy Speed dyno tune. 355 rwhp/370 lbs ft torque.

30% Tint, V8 6.0 Litre badges, Pontiac lettering debadge on the trunk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTCYA View Post
    Just got mine installed. They sound amazing.

I've heard them before on the OP's car and went for a ride along but having them on my own car I'll give my review. I have OBX headers, 3" x pipe, no cats. not loud but deep. you can definitely hear it switch over to 4 cyl mode and back to 8. Its pretty annoying sounding. cruising around 65-70 on 8 cyl there is for sure a drone but its very very mild but you can feel a slight pressure inside the cabin. I dont think its bad at all but my wife probably will complain. Maybe cats would help, or possibly resonators, or the muffled magnaflow x pipe. But, all in all I love it. Pics and video coming.
    Mine with Cats there is no drone.

2014 Mustang GT- 6M/Recaros/trackpack
    Little of this, Little of that...

2009 MGM G8 GT
    SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foreosu View Post
    What are your other mods? Based on your numbers, I'm guessing LTs, intake, tune? Do you have an x pipe?
    I have a Roto-fab intake, stock cast iron exhaust manifolds with Solo HFCs. No headers. The rest of the exhaust is a 2.5" Solo Mach shorty which has an x pipe in the center muffler. The stock manifolds are ported and flow as well as shorty headers without the added noise. The setup is topped of with a Pat G. Tune.

Sent from my iPad 2 using magic and alchemy.
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my Hooker Maxflows installed. Mine are not offset but straight through. I also had the Magnaflow #12468 installed as well. The sound is nice and deep, I never noticed I had a couple of pinhole leaks in my Kooks system where I had them weld up the X pipe. They found and fixed them for me, I just thought that was the sound of the exhaust...I guess you just get used to it. Car is much quieter but has a more smoother deep sound. Traveling at 60 mph in AFM mode is nice and subdued. I picked my 9 year-old daughter up at school and she noticed the new exhaust..."daddy you car sounds different". I took a different way home and jumped up on the highway, hit 72ish and AFM kicked in and WAAAAAAA, my daughter says "WHAT"S THAT!" Apparently my system really drones with AFM at 71-73 mph!

My installer did a great job....well for $120, that is. With the Kooks system it's 3" until a little past the X pipe, then it goes down to 2.5". I bought SS conical reducers to weld on to the 3" pipe then connect to the 2.5" Magnaflow #12468, he had a better idea and just slowly expanded the Magnaflow inlet to receive the 3" Kooks X. See photos. Then he fitted it in the space allowed by trimming the ends of the Magnaflow to fit in the space (Kooks connections are offset see photo). Anyway it worked out well.
    8682028566_3ac7c017eb_b.jpg
    8680917023_d0512699de_b.jpg
    8680917117_a3cb61590f_b.jpg

Regardless, I can't believe how loud the AFM drone is at 68-72 mph, even my rearview mirror shakes. I can't believe both how good the stock GT mufflers are with stopping AFM drone, and I can't believe that with a Kooks 1 7/8 headers, HFC, X pipe, Magnaflow #12468 and the Hooker Maxflow mufflers this sounds so good until I hit AFM around 68-72mph. I guess my next step is installing my Pat G. cam and getting rid of AFM/DOD!!
    -Chad

VCM intake, Kooks 1 7/8 LTH, Kooks cat and mid-pipes, Hooker Maxflo muff,
    223/231 .625 .622 RCR Cam, RCR heads, intake and TB, .
    BMR swaybars, Koni shocks, Eibachs, Lovells strut bushes, BMR rear LCA, rear cradle inserts.
    Camaro Brembo's F & R, V701 rims 255f/285r 11.77 @ 118 on street tires

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

any part number for hooker maxflow 3 inch mufflers. and who has the best price? I would like to order today.
    2009 g8gt - rotofab cai, ported throttle body & FAST intake, 1 7/8s kooks shorties with 3 inch exhaust. 3600 circle D triple disc stall and tranni cooler, udp, hoosier 17 inch drag radials. 223/235 cam/gmpp Heads. HP Tuners. 416 with 11.3 to 1 compression.

best time: 11.47 @ 118.7 3000 feet da
    best top end 119.4 4000 feet da

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

21606hkr. This is the 3 inch version. Ordered today. Exhaust place is also going to use J pipes with the mufflers.
    2009 g8gt - rotofab cai, ported throttle body & FAST intake, 1 7/8s kooks shorties with 3 inch exhaust. 3600 circle D triple disc stall and tranni cooler, udp, hoosier 17 inch drag radials. 223/235 cam/gmpp Heads. HP Tuners. 416 with 11.3 to 1 compression.

best time: 11.47 @ 118.7 3000 feet da
    best top end 119.4 4000 feet da