Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting..How much does it all weigh including additional coolant etc? Doesnt look like much.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDeathLSX View Post
    Is there a list of shops that can install this in SoCal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Any AC technician is qualified to install an AI Super Chiller.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you can see left and right fitment with pan installed no clearance issue.

Here is G8 folder for pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, its all good that you are posting pics but you gotta start answering the questions that are being asked about this product. I asked a question a few days ago and I see question from others members that haven't gotten answered. Just figure If you have the time to post up pics, ya know. Not trying to be rude because I have been watching and waiting for this to be developed for a while, I really want one too. But unless the questions I have get answered I'm not gonna go drop $800 on a product I know nothing about.
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    Interesting..How much does it all weigh including additional coolant etc? Doesnt look like much.
    All Super Chillers are 7-9 LBS total installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hartigan85 View Post
    So the street version will work just fine without the extra wiring?
    No, the Street model has a little wiring under hood for the Diverter Water Valve. The Competition model also has some wires and a switch inside cabin.

The supplied wiring harness and relay is a simple installation. I have the G8 wiring diagrams now and Bob the owner of the Super Chilled G8 is going to check some things for me and get a picture of the switch mounted on his G8.
    Last edited by TrekGTO; 12-07-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AI Super Chiller complete for g8!

I'm sure that as more are in the wild more available answers will come to light. I'm learning about this just as quickly as you guys are. :-)

sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
    No
    Thanks for answering the question, much appreciated.
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple View Post
    Good question, and I'd like to piggy-back on it. What happens with the street version of the chiller when you turn the a/c off (as in the winter)? Does the chiller keep chilling and only the cabin air doesn't, or does turning the a/c off kill everything? Whatever the answer is, would it change once you get the extra wiring sorted out?
    Super Chiller only works when AC Compressor is on, you use your temperature control inside to maintain comfort. In competition mode the cabin Freon is turned off so no water will leak on track and just ambient air blows out vents. A recent update keeps the H/E bypassed even when the compressor turns off for WOT. In street mode the H/E is used during the short bursts that compressor turns off. When AC is turned off the water flows through H/E and Chiller but is not refrigerated.
    When IATs are 40deg like in winter you don't need the Super Chiller but running AC or Defrost does not hurt anything. I run my GTO AC year round in FL even below freezing. This was an early concern but the first winter I had the Chiller on my GTO we had record cold. AC is only efficient in limited temperature range, its not like the water gets to cold.

Post Thanks / Like

First G8 Super Chiller kit has shipped to AU for RHD car, awaiting info on fitment to the Harrop Super Charger. We are working closely with customer to design the water hose setup for the Harrop.