Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: VCM OTR on Maggie

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered my stuff today...really hope this works out.

Greg, what kind of feedback have you got from your tuner on this setup?
    Jerry
    2009.5 SBM G8 GT- Premium/Sport/Roof
    GXP front fascia, VMR 710
    VCM CAI, Tune by Shane, 337rwhp/344rwtq, track 1/4@???
    Maggie 1900, 3.0, LS9's, BAP, 394rwhp/424rwtq track 1/4@???
    ARH 1 7/8, 457rwhp/471rwtq, track 1/4@11.92 1.76 116mph
    OD Cog, 500rwhp/554rwtq, track 1/4@???
    ID850's, 500rwhp/563rwtq, track 1/4@???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey vcm,

I really need one of the brackets that mount/support the intake/radiator. I'm not sure if they are the same or not. I am missing one and not sure if it goes to a particular side. If possible I would like to just get the hardware kit so I know I have everything.

Thanks!
    LR 09 GT Sport/Premium Onyx/Red

In: Sunroof, V1/blendmount, Weathertech, Holden console lid, autodim, VIM, Nuvi 765t, Red Shifter & Wheel, Polk ,Kicker, backup cam, BT, Homelink

Out: HSV GTS 20", Rebadged, GXP Diffuser, 35w 5000k HID, Sharkfin, LED's in progress

Performance: TVS 2300, Livernois 2C, DOD Delete, BAP, Rotofab, Kooks, Corsa, HSRK, 3.27 Rear245/285 Pilot Super Sport, King/Monroe, BMR sways, SFC's, & Tunnel Brace, Spohn rear arms, Pedders bushings, '11 CTS-V Brakes, SS lines

Post Thanks / Like

Folks, having only just read this thread I have to apologize for the lack of response from our Online Store. As it turns out, when setting up, an incorrectly spelt email address was applied to one area of the site that just so happened to relate to Customer Queries! In turn we've not received many emails from this area for some months! Pretty sad huh :-(

In any event I feel it best that I explain a few things to you all.

When designing the Magnuson adapter we employed the services of ex Harrop General Manager Ken Nunn to assist us. That all Harrop 1900 and 2300 housings are the same length, when performing his due diligence with the Maggie 2300, Ken concluded that both it and the 1900 would be the same length. He was of course wrong, and this resulted in the 'extra piece' having to be added to the end of the unit as an afterthought. Ken though did a great job with the overall design (specifically for the 2300) noting that part of the task was to allow for Maf tuning should this be desired. Understand that in Australia for the most part, aftermarket supercharged cars are Maf-less. For those wanting to go Maf, Ken incorporated an area that allows a Maf card to be installed via the removal of a section of rubber.

The problem with Maf is that it is close to the TB, but this does not stop it from being tuned - assuming the tuner is good at his/her craft. Please understand; in Australia there seems to be a Pro Tune shop on every second corner (a slight exaggeration, but not radically so as they are everywhere), therefore making it easy for car owners to take their car maybe 10 miles to get a tune. Or 5 or less :-)

The point I am making is that a quality custom tune is needed and in Australia it is standard and expected that a pro tune shop do the tuning. The onus is on them to get it right. Remote tuning (unless it is done via say Teamviewer or the like whereby the car owner's laptop is taken over), mail order tunes and so forth are shunned in a big way in Australia as it simply is not feasible to expect a 'generic' tune to work in a range of cars. We've tuned literally thousands of cars in our own workshop over the years, and I can assure you, every single one of them has been custom tuned on our chassis dyno. This is the only way to do it, what's more if you have gone to the expense of, for example, a camshaft, supercharger, fuel system, clutch, suspension etcetera, having a proper tune is simply logical. A half hearted home attempt or mail order tune can be an absolute waste of time.

On the subject, it seems that quite a few USA based shops offer a 'G8' tune, or whatever name they want to throw at it. There is no such thing. If it is merely a G8 tune, then it is generic and can not in any way be compared to a proper custom tune (unless this what they are referring to).

The final point I would like to make is (based on comments in this thread); has Livernois actually performed a custom Maf or Maf-less tune on a G8 with a Magnuson supercharger and VCM OTR? If they haven't, well enough said. If they have and experienced problems, there is always the telephone, email, text etc. We have three support staff here who assist our many workshop customers with tuning advise. We also run tune schools and so forth. Point being; you want to a good tune, you put in the time and effort to get the result - Maf or Maf-less.

We are happy to offer our OTR and boot for the G8 as we know they work extremely well. They can be purchased through one of your Forum Sponsors, VCM-USA.

Post Thanks / Like

vcmswt, thanks for the response.I was one that emailed your AU web site and never got a response. My question is, are both the 1900 and 2300 Maggie units mad from rubber or plastic like the OTR intake is made of?
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubber
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigV8 View Post
    vcmswt, thanks for the response.I was one that emailed your AU web site and never got a response. My question is, are both the 1900 and 2300 Maggie units mad from rubber or plastic like the OTR intake is made of?
    Both are rubber BigV8. The 1900 is fronted with an extension (over and above that fitted to the 2300) that is of a slightly different rubber compound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa GT View Post
    Hey vcm,

I really need one of the brackets that mount/support the intake/radiator. I'm not sure if they are the same or not. I am missing one and not sure if it goes to a particular side. If possible I would like to just get the hardware kit so I know I have everything.

Thanks!
    Tulsa,
    I sent you an email last week but I haven't heard back from you. Please email me at
    vcm-usa@hotmail.com and I will see what I can do to help you out. Pictures would help also.
    Call Us: 407-705-3054 MON-FRI 10am-6pm EST

Like Us: Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine
    20130618_113109.jpg
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfangreg View Post
    VCM, adapter, and LS7 MAF card installed. Very happy with the looks of it.
    Upon initial installation the adapter was rubbing on the pulley a tiny bit. Because the adapter is rubber it wore a tiny bit of it away. No big deal tho'. I was able to gain a little clearance by routing one of my 3/8" vacuum lines between the top of the radiator and the bottom of the VCM as a sort of "wedge". This "angled" the adapter up just enough to allow for about 1/4-1/2" of clearance between the adapter & pulley.
    Hey Greg,

What did you use to mount the MAF card into the VCM maggie boot? Did yours come with screws/hardware?

-LPM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoPhatMelk View Post
    Hey Greg,

What did you use to mount the MAF card into the VCM maggie boot? Did yours come with screws/hardware?

-LPM
    It didn't come with any screws so I just used some long sheet metal screws from my garage.