Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Fuel Pump Upgrade -- if it is possible

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Affordable Fuel Pump Upgrade -- if it is possible

Before the motor rebuild, I was using the LS9 injectors and they were at 95% duty cycle. The RWHP was 497 on Patrick G's Mustang Dyno with the stock cam and DOD stuff.

I now want to make sure I have enough pump for the car. I upgraded to some suggested Lonnies Performance 60lb injectors and kept the 1.85 Yella Terra Rockers. Moreover, I got rid of the DOD stuff and upgraded the cam.

• Intake Duration @ 50 = .216
    • Exhaust Duration @ 50 = .230
    • Intake Lift - .611
    • Exhaust Lift - .624
    • Lobe Separation: 114

I’m not doing anything more to the car. I need for it to be reliable for long out of state drives, etc.

(If I post again looking for additional performance upgrades -- you hereby given permission to get a 5-yard running start and KICK ME IN THE NUTS WITH POINTY COWBOY BOOTS if I try to upgrade again!!!!)

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR AN AFFORDABLE PUMP UPGRADE FOR THE CURRENT SETUP?

a) The CTS-V pump plus all the suggested accessories is netting at $930.00. Yikes.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

There are no affordable pump upgrades. Pump systems cost like hell.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Affordable Fuel Pump Upgrade -- if it is possible (moved thread here)

Like wreck said, not cheap. I went with squash dual pumper and hole in the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 White Hot G8 GT

(new)499RWHP/474RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    (old)451RWHP / 498RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    1/4=11.400@118.7 17" Drag Radials, stall, cam 1.77 60'
    1/4=12.004@120.6 17" Drag Radials 2.03 60'
    1/4=12.270 @118.3 on 18" All Seasons 2.08 60'
    SLOWHAWK Tuned

If you can't say anything intelligent, say something loud and stupid
    My Garage

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    There are no affordable pump upgrades. Pump systems cost like hell.
    Yeah..your point is - most correct. No cheap way around this - eh?

....but it couldnt hurt to do some "leg work" on them - as they are all sort of "relative" (i.e., based on intended use of car).

a) I suspected a "balls to the wall" / all out drag race context -- would net me a pretty expensive fuel pump setup (i.e., sell a gonad on eBay to afford)
    b) I was HOPING that a "daily driver" context would have netted me something lower on the cost range......

Shit - it all costs money (simply a varying degree thereof).

I need to take up "CRACK" -- I bet its a cheaper habit!! :-)
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

What about the camaro zl1 pump some have done. Wasn't that cheaper? I know Shane used one and he never blew his up from lack of fuel.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

You need to determine the limit you plan to push the car to. You won't need a squash double pump if your talking 600 and under.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanky View Post
    You need to determine the limit you plan to push the car to. You won't need a squash double pump if your talking 600 and under.
    At the wheels? I won't remotely get there.....
    2009 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

You've gotta be at about 550 rwhp right now with all those mods and the supercharger.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Yeah..your point is - most correct. No cheap way around this - eh?

....but it couldnt hurt to do some "leg work" on them - as they are all sort of "relative" (i.e., based on intended use of car).

a) I suspected a "balls to the wall" / all out drag race context -- would net me a pretty expensive fuel pump setup (i.e., sell a gonad on eBay to afford)
    b) I was HOPING that a "daily driver" context would have netted me something lower on the cost range......

Shit - it all costs money (simply a varying degree thereof).

I need to take up "CRACK" -- I bet its a cheaper habit!! :-)
    My thinking is that since its going to be a lot no matter what, get the best. The best will only be a bit more than the barely good enough and will give you room for upward movement.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanky View Post
    You've gotta be at about 550 rwhp right now with all those mods and the supercharger.
    Holy Shit Batman!! That would be cool!!! But I'm not sure..... I was at 497 at the wheels -- so I'm im kind of thinking the cam / injector upgrade would NOT push me up to 550. I would think it would give me another 25 perhaps at the wheels.

Shoot - 550rwhp+ is serious street hardware.
    2009 G8 GT