Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Fuel Pump Upgrade -- if it is possible

Post Thanks / Like

Default Affordable Fuel Pump Upgrade -- if it is possible (moved thread here)

I'm at 500 with only the supercharger injectors and headers
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Holy Shit Batman!! That would be cool!!! But I'm not sure..... I was at 497 at the wheels -- so I'm im kind of thinking the cam / injector upgrade would NOT push me up to 550. I would think it would give me another 25 perhaps at the wheels.

Shoot - 550rwhp+ is serious street hardware.
    If you got a good cam it might very well give you that much.

Post Thanks / Like

So you could be at 550 add some meth and pulley it a little and who knows? Bt if your happy with the general power your gunna berunning then the zl pump would be fine. Also you should consider how much power you wanna make with your poor 6l80
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    If you got a good cam it might very well give you that much.
    I'm note sure it's "good" or not Wreck -- but here are the specs. Anyway -- it's in the car and I'm stuck with it. I"m burning too much cash with this damn car as it is! :-)
    Intake Duration @ 50 = .216
    Exhaust Duration @ 50 = .230
    Intake Lift - .611 (with the Yella Terra 1.85's)
    Exhaust Lift - .624 (with the Yella Terra 1.85's)
    Lobe Separation: 114
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanky View Post
    So you could be at 550 add some meth and pulley it a little and who knows? Bt if your happy with the general power your gunna berunning then the zl pump would be fine. Also you should consider how much power you wanna make with your poor 6l80
    Man - you guys are drug pushers!!! :-) That "Pablo Escobar" dude / drug lord from Columbia didn't have shit on you guys!! :-)
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Uhhh we all have the problem.. I should start selling but you can't get high off your own product
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    I'm note sure it's "good" or not Wreck -- but here are the specs. Anyway -- it's in the car and I'm stuck with it. I"m burning too much cash with this damn car as it is! :-)
    Intake Duration @ 50 = .216
    Exhaust Duration @ 50 = .230
    Intake Lift - .611 (with the Yella Terra 1.85's)
    Exhaust Lift - .624 (with the Yella Terra 1.85's)
    Lobe Separation: 114
    Is that a Patrick G. spec? If so, it's good.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhhh we all have the problem.. I should start selling but you can't get high off your own product
    You could -- but we would all know from the "visible" gas filler ring painted on your face! :-) ......don't do it! :-)
    Last edited by hflores3; 11-23-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    2009 G8 GT

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Is that a Patrick G. spec? If so, it's good.
    Actually not -- but I actually did have Patrick spec me out a cam!!

a) I went to the engine build shop and we talked about what I needed / wanted from the car (i.e., reliability, cross country driving, etc. -- but it has a blower, yadda, yadda)
    b) I filled out a Patrick G cam spec sheet and sent in my $25.00 - but the email address for payment was not directly to him -- so I paid & attached the spec sheet - I didn't realize that the spec sheet "had to go directly to Patrick" and NOT that other address -- totally my fault! So....the spec sheet request never made it to him until a week later when I noticed I had not gotten anything back from him --- he cleared things up on how the process should have worked. ...it was on me for the mis-fire.
    c) By that time the engine builder had called Comp Cam directly and they spec'd out the cam that is in the motor today.
    2009 G8 GT

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm theorizing that the 6l80 should live (a bunch of burned rear tires though) -- as long as I don't strap drag radials to the drive train! Then all bets are off!
    2009 G8 GT