Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: H-Pipe may outperform X-Pipe on the V6

Post Thanks / Like

Default H-Pipe may outperform X-Pipe on the V6

I had an opportunity to ask Summit Racing what their opinion was on the X-Pipe vs. H-Pipe debate for the G8 V6 and below is what they said. This solidifies my decision to go with an H-Pipe. I have always leaned that way. Planning on doing it around Christmas time. I would love to hear some feedback on this.

Do any V6ers have an H-Pipe?

A little concerned about the potential for Drone.... We shall see...

""Due to the small CID of your engine, an H-pipe setup likely will perform better than an X-pipe setup. It's hard to say for sure though how the vehicle will react to either due to it's small size engine and in a lot of cases conventional V8 ideas on making power do not equate to more power in V6 applications."

Did also say that

"Installing the H-pipe setup in place of the mid mufflers will increase the flow capabilities of the system greatly but also will likely greatly increase exhaust drone quite a bit at lower cruise rpm's. Making this change will likely also make the exhaust tone deeper. "
    2008 Panther Black V6
    Homemade Intake Tube with K&N drop in
    LPM with air scoop and Hood Vent Mod
    Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler Axle Backs
    Quarter Mile 15.430 @ 91 MPH - 2.24 60' 1725 DA

Post Thanks / Like

im installing the h-pipe in my car along with the pacesetter long tubes and some long ass glasspacks in place of the resonators