Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Review: Redline Motorsports Pompano Beach, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shop Review: Redline Motorsports Pompano Beach, FL

I had a new TCS 3200RPM TC installed and needed a new tranny tune of course but I wanted the whole car retuned. I was referred to Howard Tanner at Redline Motorsports (http://www.redline-motorsports.net/). Look'em up on Facebook too.

This shop is gorgeous, huge and most of all, super clean. You could eat off the floor, literally. Now you can't ever just go by looks but the shop definitely makes a huge first impression and I know there are very few if any shops like this in SoFla as nice as this one. And I've been to many. Especially ones that cater to GM cars, I haven't seen one like this.

My appointment was for yesterday in the morning but the power had gone out at the shop early Tuesday and only came back yesterday around 1PM so a lot of his work was backed up. Did he cancel on me? Tell me to come another day? Nope. He finished the car he was working on and at my request, said it would be fine for me to come by at 5PM when he was supposed to be going home. Did he rush then? No. He took his time, explaining everything he was doing to the tune in detail and answering all my questions. He took my car up from 412HP at the last tune and tuner up to 439HP and running MUCH smoother. Then we went out for over 1/2 hour driving around dialing in the tranny tune to get it just right. After all that, we spent almost another hour just talking cars and letting me drool on the serious heavy metal he had in the shop.

The builds Howard does are just amazing. Look up HTR-850R to see what I mean. That blue and white car was there and it's the baddest and cleanest Camaro I have ever seen. It's amazing. It also won top 10 car at SEMA a couple years ago. Then there was an orange one just as beautiful. I mean right down to the stitching. Never mind that there was also a ZR-1 with the whole drivetrain off getting converted to automatic. A brand new ZL1 getting modded as well for a dealership! I mean new. Window sticker still on, owner hasn't even seen it yet. He actually builds cars for Tropical Chevrolet in Miami from new, with a full warranty. Enough said.

Redline Motorsports actually moved down from NY because hey, it's cold up there. Well, there were more than a few cars there with NY tags. If you search around, you can look up his reputation in Corvette circles going back many years.

All cars getting worked on had wraps on the fenders. Cars with wheels off had their huge calipers taped off (my calipers have been chipped more than once at "nice shops"). This is truly a shop where you can drop your car off without a worry. My car has 68K on the clock and I've had it since new and has not one dent or ding. This is a shop that will keep it that way. No need to worry dropping anything off here. I really think my car has found a new home. if you're looking for a shop, changing shops or just want to stop by, I highly recommend this one. Howard is very approachable and friendly as well which is almost surprising given how big time this shop is and looks. My 439HP G8 was likely the weakest thing in the shop by 200HP.

Yes, this a ZR-1 getting converted to a 4 speed automatic!

ZL1 supercharger and a ZR-1 supercharger talking it over...

See through hood on a Camaro...Once I dress up my engine bay, this may be tempting...

404ci Forged & Stroked|Livernois Stage 1 Cam|Roto-Fab|Kooks LT's & X-Pipe|Ported TB & Intake|Pedderized with BMR sprinkles|JHP Nav Kit|Much ICE|Ceramic Tints|3rd Shift & Holden Emblems|Gloss Black Camaro Brembos|Bluetooth and XM retrofit|5000K HID's|Roof Spoiler|TCS 3200RPM Stall|Earl's tranny,oil & ps coolers|Storm Trooper Mode:On|12.3@109MPH|440HP|410TQ|

Post Thanks / Like

Howard is the man! Nobody will be touching my car but Howard and Redline motorsports! I have had the full taste of our 6l80 nightmare and went from stock sloppy and confused to superchips slightly better but still rough and wondering how much time my tranny is going to last. Howard took my car back to stock and pushed it with a full Kooks exhaust and D1 procharger (sold by jessika) then howard spent an entire two days tuning MY car. There was a leak in one of the lines he had it overnighted on his dime and installed it no charge I payed a couple bucks for the part. Awesome! When I got my car back I was just amazed by his tuning ability with our trans the car drives so comfortable and when I wanna get frisky the car downshifts and shifts so smoothly I could not be more impressed. He has a LOT of experience with vettes and camaros so our cars and trans is second nature to him. I am not into stickers or anything like that on my car and I try to keep quiet but I will rock that redline sticker on my G8 because I'm proud to represent Howard
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    D1 Procharged
    11.69@119
    Redline

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend/coworkers brother [Mark Hoffman] works at Redline.

He does great work, was in GM HTP with the Redline ZL1.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

It has been posted elsewhere but I don't think it has on here:

There will be a G8 only workshop conducted at this shop on November 17th (Saturday). Time is from 10AM-2PM. Shop owner Howard will be going over technical knowledge with respect to modding the G8 specifically while using his whole shop and dyno (this is not a "dyno day"). It is a great chance for a bunch of G8 owners to get together and meet each other, share and learn from each other and Redline Motorsports. More than 12 G8 owners have already said they are going so it would be great to have a good turnout and meet each other. There will be food served at the shop at Redline's expense. Free food, fellow G8ters, bad ass shop, sounds like a nice Saturday to me. Contact me if anyone needs any info and if you're on Facebook, look up the Florida G8 Car Club and look for this under events and sign up.
    404ci Forged & Stroked|Livernois Stage 1 Cam|Roto-Fab|Kooks LT's & X-Pipe|Ported TB & Intake|Pedderized with BMR sprinkles|JHP Nav Kit|Much ICE|Ceramic Tints|3rd Shift & Holden Emblems|Gloss Black Camaro Brembos|Bluetooth and XM retrofit|5000K HID's|Roof Spoiler|TCS 3200RPM Stall|Earl's tranny,oil & ps coolers|Storm Trooper Mode:On|12.3@109MPH|440HP|410TQ|

Post Thanks / Like

Might swing by

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. The more the merrier! Could seen as just a cool meet if nothing else. I'll be bringing my DSLR and hoping to snap up some good pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

So far 14 G8ters confirmed "going" on the Florida G8 Car Club FB group and another 8 or 9 GTO's say they're coming too. Looks like it'll be a good turnout.

Post Thanks / Like

Redline is from Right up by me here in new york. Never delt with him myself but I know he comes up here and tunes cars all the time. Ive seen the htr-850r at a few shows up here car is unreal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah his white and blue HTR-850 is one of my favorite cars. I just stare at it every time I see it.

He moved the shop from Schenectady, NY down to Pompano Beach, FL. When I go to his shop there are a bunch of cars with NY tags on them so they're all shipping their cars down here to him. He travels a lot back up there to tune cars for old customers. Nice addition down here as there a few LSx shops in SoFla.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the meet and workshop. Going to be an awesome time
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft