Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Commuter car

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    Cool stuff. Be on the look out for issues with the rear brakes burning through the pads quickly. My sister has a 2008 Accord V6 EX-L (the L stands for leather and nothing more) and unfortunately I own a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe. The rears have been replaced twice with in 50k miles. My sisters were replaced 3 times. Honda won't do anything about it except give you a 150 reimbursement for the first set of pads you wear through early.

It is an issue with the cars stability management engaging too much I think.

Besides that and the excessive road noise that is inherent to our cars, they have been holding up exceptionally well.
    25k out of the rear brakes? Sounds like I G8 Thanks for the heads up. It was a tough decision between a new Accord Sport and the 2012. The only reason I really wanted the Nav was because of the display. I could care less about the actual nav unit. The new Accords come standard with a big screen and have a TON more tech features. You don't get sat radio unless you step up to the EX-L line in 2013. None of the dealers in the DC area will negotiate on the new Accords. They all want sticker or above. The dealership I was working with was willing to discount $500. With them coming with more features on the lower lines, it actually made the Accord Sport around the same price as the 2012 EX-L with Nav. The new Accords handle really well. Steering is very good for a FWD car and has a lot of road feel. The new CVT trans is seamless and awesome. In the end though, the 2012 I bought had everything I wanted and the price was great. Now it's time to fix the G8.
    Performance mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Rick Crawford Ported Intake Manifold, Rick Crawford head work Can, Formato Ported Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Solo catted Mach Balance exhaust, Circle D 258MM 2800 Stall, 226/230 .598/.608 113+1 cam, BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders caster, camber & toe adjustment kits, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Sway Bar End Links, Camaro Brembo's w/custom powder coating. 11.90@116.58 1.78 60' on 20" All Season Tires

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruze Eco or LTZ Turbo. Been getting awesome fuel economy in the body shop loaner LTZ turbo even with the auto.

A few friends/coworkers have Cruze Ecos. Great mileage and comfort for sub $20k.

Im looking at one of those and unloading my old cars, I want a 2013 Avalanche.
    Last edited by MIEngineer; 09-23-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

I love my lil TDi.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Cruze Eco or LTZ Turbo. Been getting awesome fuel economy in the body shop loaner LTZ turbo even with the auto.

A few friends/coworkers have Cruze Ecos. Great mileage and comfort for sub $20k.

Im looking at one of those and unloading my old cars, I want a 2013 Avalanche.

MIEngineer,

The Chevrolet Cruze Eco is very good vehicle for saving on gas. I see that you are also looking for a 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche; here is a link to see the 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche http://www.chevrolet.com/avalanche-suv-truck.html . Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    I love my lil TDi.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    It's an awesome car! Unfortunately it just wasn't a comfortable fit for me.
    Performance mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Rick Crawford Ported Intake Manifold, Rick Crawford head work Can, Formato Ported Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Solo catted Mach Balance exhaust, Circle D 258MM 2800 Stall, 226/230 .598/.608 113+1 cam, BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders caster, camber & toe adjustment kits, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Sway Bar End Links, Camaro Brembo's w/custom powder coating. 11.90@116.58 1.78 60' on 20" All Season Tires

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    MIEngineer,

The Chevrolet Cruze Eco is very good vehicle for saving on gas. I see that you are also looking for a 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche; here is a link to see the 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche http://www.chevrolet.com/avalanche-suv-truck.html . Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Tina...

I actually work for GM also

I need to ask you something however. I will contact you when I have a chance.

As far as the topic...still loving this Cruze LTZ. Low 30s...with me driving at that...looked at a few while up north this weekend/today.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Hi Tina...

I actually work for GM also

I need to ask you something however. I will contact you when I have a chance.

As far as the topic...still loving this Cruze LTZ. Low 30s...with me driving at that...looked at a few while up north this weekend/today.
    MIEngineer,

When ever you get a moment I will be here. I Look forward to your reply!

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html