Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CTS-V fuel pump in GT/G8

Post Thanks / Like

ZiM I never noticed the level sendors were at different heights. Nice find.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and it seems because of this difference, once the tank is full, the float reaches the top before the arm is reading full... If that makes sense.... So, it may seem that there could be two fixes, a resister that compensates the difference, or bottom out the float, so that it reads full correctly, but will not read empty when it's too late? I'll leave that up to you and Carl to figure out...lol. Honestly, I think the best fix would be a resister..... Or, now that I just thought of it, cutting the float arm a bit...?...???
    Last edited by ZiM; 10-04-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8-4-Speed View Post
    Easy, just bend the rod to get the correct height.
    It's not the correct fix, bending only reads empty quicker, but does not solve the height difference.....if you adjust for height, now you will read empty quicker.....the best fix, IMO, either cut the arm, or resister.....maybe Carl at vapor worxs can tell us?..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
    It's not the correct fix, bending only reads empty quicker, but does not solve the height difference.....if you adjust for height, now you will read empty quicker.....the best fix, IMO, either cut the arm, or resister.....maybe Carl at vapor worxs can tell us?..
    That doesn't seem correct.
    If you bend the arm to the correct lower level it shouln't hit the top of the tank anymore and read the correct full level.
    I just filled up today. Put in almost 16 gallons and the low fuel light just come on. I had 3 spare gallons in the tank still.
    The fuel gauge was just touching the full bar on the gauge.

Edit:
    Now I'm interested in comparing the actual V level sender to the G8 sender. The problem is they are on backorder an no dealer near me has one.
    There are a few in MI, IN, FL, TX, and 1 in NY
    Last edited by Greg@PacePerformance; 10-04-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I bent my rod when I installed my CTS-V pump. I measured the stock height and then bent it to be the same height when on the CTS-V pump. I also rotated the pump after cutting the tab. It is fairly close, but not perfect. The adjustment may have gotten buggered up a bit when trying to shoehorn the pump in though. It is not off enough for me to worry about pulling things apart again to tweak it some more.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    That doesn't seem correct.
    If you bend the arm to the correct lower level it shouln't hit the top of the tank anymore and read the correct full level.
    I just filled up today. Put in almost 16 gallons and the low fuel light just come on. I had 3 spare gallons in the tank still.
    The fuel gauge was just touching the full bar on the gauge.

Edit:
    Now I'm interested in comparing the actual V level sender to the G8 sender. The problem is they are on backorder an no dealer near me has one.
    There are a few in MI, IN, FL, TX, and 1 in NY
    That's a great idea, I have a spare stock float assemble from a G8...will that help? I'm willing to bet that the CTSv float arm is shorter...

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, can you order two CTSv- float assemby....I think it may work on our cars and if that's the case, i want to be the first to install without waiting...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    I bent my rod when I installed my CTS-V pump. I measured the stock height and then bent it to be the same height when on the CTS-V pump. I also rotated the pump after cutting the tab. It is fairly close, but not perfect. The adjustment may have gotten buggered up a bit when trying to shoehorn the pump in though. It is not off enough for me to worry about pulling things apart again to tweak it some more.
    the main problem is the height, and length of float arm, the float hit's the top of the tank, before the sending unit reads full, thus preventing correct reading....you can rotate the hat in tank till you're blue in the face, it just wont fix the problem, and if you bend the float too far down, you'll run out of fuel before it reads empty....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
    Greg, can you order two CTSv- float assemby....I think it may work on our cars and if that's the case, i want to be the first to install without waiting...lol
    If you are up for spending the cash I should be able to get one for you from another dealer. $98.42 plus shipping to you.
    The V has a different Ohm rating on the sensor so you would have to swap the arms between the two sensors
    Last edited by Greg@PacePerformance; 10-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to spend the cash, but at that price would prefer to be sure the arm is shorter....can you check?