Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GM customer Service

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings Tina! It is nice having you. Take care....
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

The systems - works.

First, I'm sorry to say, because I know many like their service department, I will never go back to Valley Buick GMC again for service. The overfill of the oil on the G8 was bad enough, but thanks to Tina, the problem on my Saturn Relay is fixed.

The other dealer had my Relay for over a week for a non-functional, non-latching passenger side sliding door. I won't get into all the details but they could not fix, wanted to call in the GM regional rep to look at the doors, and billed out a significant amount of diagnostic work.

When Tina posted here I reached out to her. She opened a case, and I took my Saturn Relay to Seaview Buick GMC. Ironically that is the same dealer that dealt with the overfill condition on the G8. 1-1/2 hours of tech time and some new seals later, door fixed and latches perfectly.

So why the WTF to Valley? Because Seaview wrote in their notes that none of the software updates were flashed to power sliding door module, that weather stripping was missing, and, as I claimed from the word go, the door was out of alignment. So Valley had my van for over a week, did God knows what, and never even checked the software for the power sliding door module? Never checked for proper alignment???

So a big huge THANK YOU to Tina for making things happen, my rear door on my passenger side is no longer an unlatched safety issue, but closes correctly and I got out the door repaired for under $200.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

It is true that technical assistance is an endangered type in today's customer service landscape - it isn't deceased, but the body is growing cold. General Motors was not doing much of a work supplying technical assistance to customers who were having difficulty using their brand new car's touchscreen infotainment technology, and unlike many companies, it recognized the error of its ways. Now the automaker is pulling a page from Apple stores' Genius Bar playbook by offering nuanced help for drivers befuddled by hardware and software function.