Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Corrected" ET? Come on guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Corrected" ET? Come on guys!

I have no problem with theoretical ET, combining your best splits from all of your runs, but corrected ET’s? That is just so much pie in the sky. Who came up with that formula? I mean, that’s like letting the drug companies do their own clinical trials on their drugs. The results will always be on the positive side. I would guess that who ever came up with the formulas to calculate this probably had an agenda, and that was to see how actual data could be construed to the extreme using engineering models, and allowing the +/- margin of error to carry forward in successive calculations in such a way that benefits the results the most. The same logic yields the claims made in “As Seen on TV” products…and we know that they all work as advertised.
    I see the same behavior when I watch the weigh-ins of fishing tournaments: “Yeah, I teh you whut…I lost three fish out thar’ today that were double-digut fish. If I woulda’ brought them in…” YEAH? Well guess what MF? You didn’t bring them in! So it doesn’t matter does it? And I can’t believe I’m sitting here wasting my precious time watching you talk about what shoulda’, coulda’ woulda’, didn’t happen! Same logic with corrected ET’s…don’t waste our valuable time.

Is it not enough to just discuss and be happy with the actual capability of your car? Discussion of corrected ET in this context is perceived as sophomoric. You most probably chose to be here because this is agreeably the most truthful forum, with the broadest spectrum of usable information. You know what the other forums are like with all their arguing and boasting and “my friend's Dad’s car can…” Is that what we want our forum to sink to? It is a very slippery slope and all too easy to devolve into being just like over there. And discussion of corrected ET in the context that I am referring to is one of the first steps. Please, hold yourself to higher standard here so that this place continues to hold the respect of most.

I guarantee you some smart-ass (and I am the biggest of these) is going to post up about their friend's Dad's car's corrected ET! I beat you to it BITCH!

It would be funny though...so go ahead...
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 07-01-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I haven't seen people using corrected ET and claiming their car did that time. What I have used it for is to compare how my car is performing during different conditions on different days. It may not be 100% correct, but it is all we have. Only get great air a few times a year. Also, every dyno number is corrected as well.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

As a STAR TREK fan... the corrected ET for my 09' is 0.01 at 756,000 mi a second. based on 4080 year times! And... DA paid no damn effect!
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

'corrected ET' ?

edit: after seeing someone's sig with a 'corrected' ET.....
    oh wait.. I see what you mean... Agree OP..

I guess I haven't seen people using corrected ET and claiming their car did that time. What I have used it for is to compare how my car is performing during different conditions on different days. It may not be 100% correct, but it is all we have. Only get great air a few times a year. Also, every dyno number is corrected as well.
    which is why
    A) anyone that seriously drag races knows that times are not directly comparable.
    B) anyone that's looked at a dyno sheet knows they're they're not directly comparable.

If it's not 100% accurate then what's the point of this? " If the air temp had been just 5 degrees colder I would have done something like this!''

Well, it wasn't, so I don't really care. This is an interwebz ego thing at worse, and at best a fallible attempt to compare times which probably have too many variables to reliability compute.

Try telling someone up at a 1/4 all-day event or anything of the nature(you know, in the real world) that you car did a 12.67 but it 'corrects' to a 12.3 so actually it ran faster than it did.

You'd probably be laughed out of the park.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 07-01-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    11 CTS-V Black Diamond Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, my car can do the Kessel run in eight parsecs so top that. Ya I know that a parsec is a measure of distance, DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!!!
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

It helps to use the corrected et as a comparison tool only. I wouldnt post corrected times myself just because no one would believe i would gain almost a second correcting to sea level from my normal 6000 to 8000ft DAs.
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyome View Post
    It helps to use the corrected et as a comparison tool only. I wouldnt post corrected times myself just because no one would believe i would gain almost a second correcting to sea level from my normal 6000 to 8000ft DAs.
    And there in lies the problem - sort of. I know people look at the ETs here in the Pacific Northwest and scratch their heads. How can a G8 GT run the high 12's with just a Cortex tune, CAI, and exhaust?!? Being at sea level (or darn close) and catching near before air of just the right humidity level and temperatures makes it optimal for 1/4 mile times. If you're in Colorado and over a mile high, the thinner air hurts runs.

Look at your best at 14.2 even with headers. I'm almost a full second faster and that was with a CAI and tune only!!! Does that mean if I went to Colorado I would smoke you or if you came here to Seattle I'd smoke you? Well unless you completely botched your launch or your trying to drag race on low rolling resistance bald tires - no - you'd eat me alive. I know that. You know that. Any thinking person that actually understands cars knows that.
    Last edited by Seattle09GT; 07-01-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Let's meet up in the middle and find out. The high elevation really kills the launch...my 60ft times blow, with minimal wheel spin. Track events early in our season and late in the season are great for getting the personal best times, either that or go to a track at lower elevation.
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    This
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Word...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...