Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GXP Front Bumper Parts KIT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterg22000 View Post
    this is weird, I just did a GXP bumper for G8board member, and we got his bumper for $290...

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=19
    Was the bumper already in stock? If so, maybe it was old stock acquired while the price was still low. I know I paid just over $700 for mine. Just dropped it off at the paint shop yesterday. The whole thing was a lot more expensive than I anticipated and I kind of wish I would have gone through insurance now. Stupid construction cone in the middle of the freeway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waltjrUM View Post
    Was the bumper already in stock? If so, maybe it was old stock acquired while the price was still low. I know I paid just over $700 for mine. Just dropped it off at the paint shop yesterday. The whole thing was a lot more expensive than I anticipated and I kind of wish I would have gone through insurance now. Stupid construction cone in the middle of the freeway.
    It was not in stock, we had to order it in.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic219_1.gif
    2009 Phantom Metallic G8 GTS
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Handling; XA Coilovers | BMR Swaybars | "EXTREMEContact" tires
    Coming soon; Boost!

12.9199 @ 106mph <old setup, before DOD delete/GTO cam/Forging

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a gt front bumper conversion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crissman View Post
    Is this a gt front bumper conversion?
    Yep. The first post lists the "accessory" pieces you need MINUS the parts that will transfer from your existing GT bumper. It also lists the part numbers for the actual bumper cover, 4 screws, and 4 nuts that are NOT included in the kit being sold. The parts not included need to be purchased separately from a US source.

I just picked up my car from the paint shop yesterday from doing this conversion. Saved some coin by buying this kit, but overall it was expensive due to the rising cost of the bumper cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you buy the cover at and how much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crissman View Post
    Where you buy the cover at and how much?
    Summit Racing had it the cheapest at the time and probably still is. If you Google the part number their site should be one of the top hits. It was $711 and change shipped to my door, unpainted.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI Prestige Bumpers are selling the bumpers, fairly cheap and quick to ship. Waiting on mine now, ordered it the 20th. Expected to ship in 4 days.

Paid $560 to my door - but it was refurbished.
    2009.5 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Appearance: GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser| Tinted Spyder Tails | VG Sharkfin | Tint | Redline Shift Boot & Armrest | SLP Spoiler | 19" Bremmer's | Clear Side Markers
    Performance: Vector Tuned | Volant CAI w/Amsoil Filter | ARH 1-3/4 Headers | Magnaflow Axle-Back

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bumper upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    KIT Contains the following new G8 GXP parts:
    1 x Lower rubber insert. 92224778 (item A on pic)
    1 x Lower radiator grille. 92213351 (item B on pic)
    1 x Pair of Foglight bezels 92213349 + 92213350 , left & right. (item C on pic)
    1 x Pontiac G8 Front Arrowhead Emblem Red 92205700 (item D on pic)

[Items A,B,& C are GXP specific. Item D may swap over from a G8 if it does not break during removal]

Includes Airfreight shipping to USA. ETA 14 days.
    TOTAL US$250 shipped.
    Order & pay using Paypal.
    My Paypal ID is pjsadler@iinet.net.au

***You may also require 4x GXP lower insert screw #11589015 & 4x lower insert nut #11515638
    These small fasteners are much cheaper to buy from your local GM parts place.

***** The G8 GXP specific front fascia (bumper) Part No is 92213340.
    (The actual GXP front bumper fascia is not included in the KIT shown above.)

I am interested in upgrading my 08 GT front bumper. Are they color matched? I have ignition Orange and I am pretty sure the GXP did not offer that color, but if you have it GREAT... I will purchase as soon as you follow up with me.

RECON

Post Thanks / Like

You're misunderstanding this thread for 2 reasons:
    1) The actual bumper cover is not being sold as a part of this kit.
    2) When you source any "brand new" GXP bumper whether it be from a dealer or another retailer that gets the bumper directly from GM, it will come unpainted. You will need to have an auto body shop or other professional paint it for you, in which case you can have them paint it any color you like.

This thread is essentially offering the important accessory pieces that are needed to convert from a GT bumper to a GXP bumper. The only additional pieces needed are the actual bumper cover and a few small fasteners, which can be obtained from your local dealer.

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge thanks Walt !!!!!!!
    Now if only you could answer the e-mails I got from the same guy for me.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!