Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another LS7 lifter goes

Post Thanks / Like

Heads need to come off I believe. Won't be an issue for me.
    This thread wasn't intended to scare anyone with LS7 lifters. Why mine failed is yet to be determined.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Nope. It didn't make a freaking sound until it went. But when it did, I shut the motor off as soon as it did, and I was in traffic. Travis will tell you, he was in the car with me when it happened.
    BTW, I'll be in Aurora the week of the 25th.
    Yes it just happened. We made 5 or 6 good romps logging for the trans tune. Joe would make a change then we would go again. The car was sitting for maybe an hour. While we (ironically enough) was watching another member that had a lifter failure and chewed up the cam in a GTO. We started back home driving 3 - 4 miles back to the interstate. While sitting at the light it started making noise. Ray immediately shut off the car to see if it was us. Well it was. Just for the record the GTO owner forgot to locktite the cam bolts which let the cam move forward chewing up the lifters and destroying the cam
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, this stinks man!!!!

good luck with your new plans....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get a fresh battery in the car, and spin the motor over fast enough to prime the pump. It's oiling just fine. charlie explained I may have a bad cam bearing preventing oiling at high rpm's. Looking at the last lifter tore off, it's rounded on the outside edges, which seems to indicate it spinning in the tray.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a set of caddy lifters i was going to use in my turbo motor for my camaro, i think after ally the broken caddy and ls7 lifters im going to just use the caddys in my 5.3 mustang swap and get a set of morals for the built motor, dont wanna risk it
    09 white hot g8 gt
    vararam, slp ud pully, billetprototypes catch can, gxp mufflers, 160 stat, hsrk, bmr trailing arms, bmr toe links.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of dumping my LS7 lifters and going to a linkbar setup too. These things suck IMO and I get all kinds of sewing machine, and intermittent clicking noises. Not loud enough to think there bad but I'm sick of it.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage