Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Personal Invite to G8/GTO Owners iNternational Event to Base G8 Owners!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Personal Invite to G8/GTO Owners iNternational Event to Base G8 Owners!

I pop over into this thread periodically and read about some really neat things being done with Base G8s out there, and I keep hoping to see this stuff in person at G.O.N.E. (G8/GTO Owners iNternational Event). This will be the event's third year, and we have had only 2 Base G8s represented the first two years. They have been very nice rides, but I'd love to see more Base G8s join them. We had a number of Base G8 show and race tropies that got thrown away because the trophies were custom, and there were no cars there to win them. That is a shame!

Please consider this a personal invitation to all of you Base G8 owners out there! We want to see your cars at this event too! It doesn't matter if your car is bone stock, lightly modified, or heavily modified. We have race and show classes to cover the range. Please join us this year, and show what you've got!

Go to www.g8gone.com for event info and a link to the registration site.
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, there's several of them here in the Quad Cities alone... Kills me that they don't come!!!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

It is a real shame that more V6s do not show up. It is a great car. It is one that can hold its own against any 6 cylinder BMW 3 or 5 series. It is too bad that a Supercharger or turbo kit is not available. I love mine and know I would be hard pressed to find something comprable to replace it with.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Chris.. What are you driving these days?
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

Still in my V6. Have located at least one Gt and one GXP. Trying to work a deal now on my car. Then again, sell me your SRM GT - LOL
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)